1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

throat hurting on T?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by jaska, Jun 29, 2017.

1. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been on T for around 8 months now, gradually working my way up to the full dose (on quarter dose now). My voice has only just been starting to get noticeably deeper, but my throat has been feeling more strained and painful the longer I talk for. I don't think I could even talk for 2 minutes straight without it getting too painful. I haven't been doing anything differently or purposely trying to deepen my voice, so I'm pretty confused as to why this might be happening. Anyone else ever experienced this?

2. Cody18

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not on T yet so note that this is hearsay from people I know who are.

To my awareness when the voice is starting to have somewhat dramatic changes it will feel like it is straining for a bit, however for most people from what I've seen that only seems to last a few months. There are rare occasions where it lasts longer but I wouldn't worry about that just yet.

The main advice/thing that seems to work when undergoing this stage is to just drink a hell of a lot of water as that seems to relieve some of the straining for a while.

I apologise for my knoweledge being somewhat limited but I hope I helped.

3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like Cody, I am not yet on T, so I can only tell you what I have seen on here and other sites.

It seems to be somewhat normal for the throat to start hurting when on T, though it doesn't last more than a few months. The throat also might feel itch as well. As recommend try drinking more water during this time.

Hope someone who has better advice comes by soon. ^__^

4. newts

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm only 3 months on T, but I have had voice changes. For me it feels kind of strained to talk sometimes, since I'm still getting a lot of voice cracks, but it's not painful to talk.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This still happens to me whenever my voice is about to drop and I have been on T for 3 years now. It's annoying, but it gets less frequant over time. I try to keep water around when I notice this happening again. It seems to help because I can pause talking while taking a drink and the water helps soothe my throat.