1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Three requests and a possible bug

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by mbanema, Jul 9, 2017.

1. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Requests:
    1. When clicking on your username on the top menu bar, have that load your profile rather than screen to edit your settings.

2. When clicking on an alert saying someone has written something on your wall, have it open your conversation rather than your profile page.

3. When writing on your own wall, have a popup ask you if you're sure you want to write on your own wall.
    These may seem kind of dumb and trivial, but even on the old forums I've always had a problem with replying to other people on my own wall by accident, and it's even more difficult now that profiles are not customized to look differently by each user.

Possible Bug:

Ignored forums are not being excluded from the New Posts widget on the forum index. They are correctly filtered out of the New Posts page, but not the main listing that everyone sees. I suspect this is probably done for caching purposes, but it would be nice if this could work.

Thanks for your consideration! :slight_smile:

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for this. @Martin, should we move this to the beta to-dos?

3. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only suggestion I have a concern with is the first one, as it would require quite a bit of rejigging for a link which is already accessible underneath that bar (see attachment). If you click your username in the userbox underneath, that automatically forwards you to your profile, so a link already exists next to this bar which does what is suggested.

Attached Files: