1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on SJWs in the trans community?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Random Ross 1, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Well guys, what do y'all think of SJWs in the trans community? There sure are a lot. My opinion is they have done irreversable harm. They have gone around making trans people look ridiculous and call anyone they disagree with sexist, racist, bigoted "truscum" pronounced "true scum". Also, since I'm already starting drama in this thread, as a truscum myself, what do y'all think of truscum? Truscum are short for trans medicalists who believe that based on recent scientific discoveries, that being transgender is caused by someone being born with the brain of the opposite sex. Most including myself believe that there is such thing as an "intersex brain", which is extremely rare and causes people to be nonbinary, but it is extremely rare and not just some random label to slap onto yourself, but it definetely is a thing. Thoughts? Opinions? I am completely open to debate.

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The basis of "truscum" is the belief that to be transgender you need to have some form of dysphoria. That's about it, which has arises because of people coming forward saying they experience no dysphoria at all (social or physical).

Some people take things too far though. I didn't know "intersex brain" was a thing either. Haven't heard that one.

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The SJWs are like the go to church or go to hell christians in a liberal sense.

#3 Andrew99, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not trans, but I can sympathize with you. I also get annoyed by lesbian SJW's who call us "haters/label policers" just because we think you can't be attracted to men and be a lesbian at the same time. Bisexual isn't a dirty word.

For the trans thing though, I agree. If you have NO dysphoria at all (including social) how can you even be trans? Wouldn't it just be not following gender roles? I don't get it. I don't understand why we consider it wrong to gender genitals, but we consider it "okay" to gender masculine and feminine stereotypes.

5. Loveislife

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think that it's batshit insane that some people apparently agree that you can be.
    Is this a recent thing, or have people in our own community always thought this way?

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just like I ignore the batshit insane far right, the equally insane bleeding heart liberals are no different. They do more harm than good.

7. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can't stand SJWs, I've had some try to hit my up on twitter and other social media in the past thinking i was one of them, they were truly mistaken. I'd consider myself truscum too, i don't understand how you can be trans without having some kind of dysphoira? That's not trans, that's a choice. Yeah they're really just there wanting attention and making it more difficult for the trans people that just want to get on with their lives and feel more comfortable in themselves. People need to realise that there's a disconnect between actual trans people and SJWs. There are some good trans youtubers that speak about it if you want something to listen to, they really opened my mind.

8. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "Truscum"? "Transtrender"? Why does a group that makes up less than 1% of the population have so much terminological nuance?

9. MichealStrider

I have no idia....I is confuzzled

10. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    SJWneosis, is an incurable disease. They've caused so much harm to the LGBT community especially, the trans community. Thanks to them and tumblr, we now have all of these crazy made up identities and draconian rules being placed upon society. When I pretended to be straight, I came to associate the entire community with SJWs and I even used it as a reason to justify my feelings towards the community. I wouldn't be surprised if this what the majority of non-LGBT people think as well. We could probably have more support if it wasn't for SJWs and their behavior turning people off.

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2017 at 03:47 AM ----------

I agree. A major part of the diagnostic criteria is experiencing dysphoria. Those people are transtrenders. Have you heard of Blair White? She's a trans conservative who is anti-SJW.

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2017 at 04:02 AM ----------

I think it's a recent thing.

11. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Depends on what kind of SJW. The ones who don't belong to us and speak shit in our name, really you cannot imagine what I'd like to do to them.

The ones that do belong to us and do a fuzz, if they had bad experiences ok. I don't like that behavior but it makes it understandable.

But these otherkin-things, I'm glad that they're there. Because they don't really exist and they will take our place as the enemy for our haters. And once they're in their right mind again we will probably stay as tolerated minority.

12. rainyday

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've only heard truscum used to describe other-kin. Yeah idk, identity politics is wild and upsetting. I know "brain sex" is something a lot of radical feminists don't believe in, and they also don't believe that you can be trans without dysphoria. But radical feminists are often considered transphobic, for a variety of reason. So like, "sjw's" or these people who try to police identity aren't a homogenous group. Everything is messy and nobody likes identity politics. I'm really really really sick of it all, pretty much at the point where it's like, fuck it, identify how you want, say that means whatever, I don't care anymore.

"Irreversible harm". Are you talking about how non lgbt people view the lgbt community? Honestly there are haters that always look for the petty shit as an excuse to dismiss the entire community/being trans, and this is the Internet so lord knows we can't control what kind of stuff people post. Like other kin, it's like this niche thing but all of a sudden everyone is going crazy over it (and yet no one blows up over niche community's like the red pill or the stalker subreddits). And people get so intrenched in what they feel are the correct set of identifiers they can't handle that other people disagree.

I will stay this, this website and others aren't as homogenous in their beliefs as it might seem or feel. As in sites like Twitter and tumblr-- who have similar layouts-- are better at generating conflict due to the way people see content and the sheer number of users. If someone posts something you disagree with on here, it's w/e, who cares. But on tumbr/twitter/Facebook ideas seem more threatening because of the way likes and reposts build up, making people more likely to lash out at one another regardless of political affiliation or beliefs.

13. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Er, what do we mean by 'social justice warrior'? Because I quite honestly consider myself to be an activist. I believe in intersectionality- standing up against racism, ableism, sexism, and really making myself aware of disadvantages that I personally do not face. I want to be able to help everyone constructively. This doesn't mean beating the living shit out of someone who disagrees with me. It's the ability to stand up for what I believe in and spread awareness. As a trans person, I feel that it's important to speak up for myself and support other disadvantaged people. And if that makes me a horrible, awful 'SJW', then I think I'm okay with that.

14. Simple Thoughts

That sounds more like Social Justice Activism than being a Social Justice Warrior.

The thing people don't care for with SJW's is the hypocrisy and identity politics. Most of us want to move towards a society where only what you do and who you are as a person matter not your sex, race, gender, ect....SJW's are more interested in creating a weird sort of victim hierarchy where the more "Oppressed" you are the higher your status. It completely removes individualism from the equation and just lumps people into categories. You're no longer Mike you're "Black man" in their eyes or you're no longer Sarah you're "Trans woman" in their eyes...the only thing they know how to see is collective identities.