1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on dating apps

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by badger, May 3, 2016.

1. badger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What are people's thoughts on dating applications?

2. Embi

Embi Guest

Thought about trying it for a few times, but I heard a lot of bad stuff about it. Maybe I would try it if I was single, but I'd always try to meet people in another way first.

3. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like everything else, its all what you make of it. I found dating apps to be a great way to meet people (and I am talking about dating apps here, not hook apps given the specific question from the OP).

Are apps the end all to dating? of course not. But it is a numbers game. The more people you interact with, the more likely you meet someone that might be compatible.

Will there be people that discourage you at times? of course, but that happens in the real world as well as the online world.

Go into it recognizing it will take some effort on your part, people will not flood your inbox with requests, you need to be proactive; and understand that matches will not happen and there will be a lot of rejection. Don't let the rejection get to you, just move on to the next person.