1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This'll Sound Strange...But I've Felt If I Were Born Female, I Feel I Could've Made More Money

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Snidi, May 14, 2018.

1. Snidi

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I guess I feel angry because if I were a female (same circumstances I have now, but sex swapped), I feel I could've been a rockstar model. I feel I could've made a lot of money doing something I love easily. Perhaps I still can, but I've had to struggle a lot more up to this point.... Maybe I can still do this as a man, but I have to deal with more gender barriers.... What do you guys think?

#1 Snidi, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
  2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Statistically speaking, women tend to have a harder time getting the same jobs, wages, and respect that men get automatically. So if anything I think it might be the reverse.

With modeling, the industry is likely just as brutal for men and women. Women are pressured to be unhealthily and unrealistically thin, while men are pressured to be built like a superhero and have a big package to show off. It's not impossible to succeed as a model, but it is difficult. And a lot has to do with whether you fit the societal ideals of beauty.

If modeling is what you would like to pursue, go for it. In the end it doesn't really matter if your circumstances could have been different. Focus on what is, and what you can make out of that. Everyone wishes they were dealt an easier hand in life, but the ones who succeed are the ones who never give up regardless of the circumstances.

Snidi likes this.
  3. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    As far as major, professional jobs it is probably harder being a woman, though things are getting easier. I have noticed that a lot of customer service jobs (i.e. server at a restaurant), often go to young, attractive women.