1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This week has been overwhelmingly terrible.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by AKindOfMagic, Jun 1, 2018.

1. AKindOfMagic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello all. I haven't been on this site in a while, but I'm here now and need to talk. Because this week sucked, even more than usual.

Monday was Memorial Day. Not much happened, but I was incredibly dysphoric, and there's nothing I can do about that.

Tuesday I went to school. I had people calling me transphobic things behind my back, but I don't blame them or even care too much about that, they are just ignorant. Then, a girl in my grade level started getting all touchy, which included poking at my chest. She felt something and realized that I am "really a girl" (her words). Of course her only solution to this was to start hitting me in the chest more and then in the crotch and grab my ass. But I'm weak and I let it happen, I don't really blame her. Then, during a field trip, I had some kid tell me that he thought I was a girl because "my voice hadn't reached puberty", as well as another one argue with me over whether I was a boy or girl. As I have said, I don't blame these people, but it sucks and causes terrible dysphoria.

Wednesday was the last day of school. I hate it when school ends because I always end up in a very bad place during the summer due to lack of social interaction and distractions. Also, I had a teacher, who I have looked up to the entire year, tell me that I need to act more normal. I agree with him though, because he was talking about I have 2 friends and am incapable of talking to nearly anyone else. I don't know why that is, but no matter what I try, I can't do anything about that.

Thursday was supposed to be good. My mom said that she would finally get me new clothes. I've needed new clothes for months, and have been telling her for months, and we have had the money to get me new clothes for months. Obviously I'm annoyed that it took this long to get new clothes, when that is a literal need, but whatever. Anyways, I didn't get new clothes. I wanted something somewhat mature and I'm too small to fit in men's shirts, and all of the mature boy's shirts cost too much (by that I mean $7, which she was not willing to spend). Also, she wasn't willing to spend the money on the men's jeans, and since I can't wear boy's jeans, I left with no new clothes at all. And honestly this is the worst part of the week, just because I am upset at myself over being upset in the first place.

Friday , my sisters left with my dad for a month (my parents are split up), reminding me that I haven't seen my dad in nearly 3 years because of a stupid argument and his stubbornness. And I miss my dad, but I can't say that because my mom hates him and there's nobody else to say it to.

I just want to feel better, I want to have a happy and normal life. I'm exhausted and I don't think this summer is going to get any better.

2. Lesbibliophile

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry, dude, that sounds awful (especially Tuesday, ugh). Wish I could say something more helpful. But don't believe anyone when they call teenage years the "best years of your life." They can be the hardest, especially since you're trying to build yourself as a person while having very little control over your own life and the people around you. But things do get better, and the change can happen fast when it happens. Hang in there, talk to the school counselor if you feel overwhelmed, and take care of yourself. You're doing the best you can.

azzi likes this.
  3. normalwolverine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's not easy for everyone to make friends, so that does not necessarily make you abnormal. I would suspect being trans has something to do with having a hard time talking to others. I can imagine being scared they won't accept me or that they will act like that crazy girl did. But there are a lot of different reasons for different people to have trouble with social interaction and/or starting a friendship, and many people experience these variety of reasons--introversion, anxiety, shyness, being different from others around you...four very common ones, but there are others.

I know it's not the same as having people in person, but now that school is out you can log on here more and interact with more understanding people and use the site as a distraction.