1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about coming out at bisexual

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by AriKari, Jan 13, 2018.

1. AriKari

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    originally came out as gay a few years ago, but it just doesn't feel right. I've always struggled with accepting the fact I like boys. i've never been one to stick to something indefinitely. I prefer a label that allows my sexuality to be more fluid. Lately, I've had this recurring thought that gay doesn't fit, but i already came out so i have to stick with it (and it's probably just an annoying intrusive thought.)

Have any of you come out again as something different? It's one thing to go from bi/pan to gay, as people expect that. But what was the response for those of you who came out as gay to bi?

The biggest part I struggle with is just not wanting to really be in a relationship because I feel pressured to have sex, and that idea turns me off from any kind of relationship.

I think my ex still got me fucked up.

2. KayC

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's totally okay to switch labels, your labels are what you decide! Don't feel forced to stick to one simply because you've already come out. When I was about 14 I came out as bi to a lot of people, and not even a few months later came out as gay. Now, I don't identify with either of those! I definitely agree that sexuality can be fluid a lot of the time, so I decided for myself to say "queer", which is something that I feel a lot of people overlook. There are tons of umbrella terms that you could use if you're not exactly sure, or don't exactly care.
    Also, NEVER feel pressured to have sex! If your partner only cares about that, chances are they're not right for you anyways.
    Explore yourself and explore what you like, and somewhere along the line you might find a label that suits!
    Best of luck :slight_smile:

ulm likes this.