1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

things that piss you off...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ADTR fan, Sep 22, 2009.

1. 71390S

71390S Guest

lol well thanks!

2. NickT

That's called defensive attribution. Humans blame people for their own misfortune as a way of basically saying, "Since I don't do x, y, and z like that person did, that misfortune won't happen to me." It's a mood defense mechanism that we do naturally.

3. 71390S

71390S Guest

^ Totally. Either the fundamental attribution error or "just world" theory.

4. GhostDog

Oh man, I so agree. I can't stand it when women are blamed for being raped. Ugh.

5. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

omggggg sooo agree.

ok i hate when people stereotype EVEN though i am a total hypocrite and stereotype when ' im scared. FOR EXAMPLE!: i don't stereotype against all blacks. However i will become nervous if i see a large group of black teenage boys (like 25-30) when I'm running in a sports bra and soffee shorts. i can't help it. it actually has nothing to do with their race, it has to do with the fact that they are a large group of teenage boys and I'm a 14 year old girl running with one other girl. now my brother says that i shouldn't be scared and says that I'm a bigot because i'm nervous BECAUSE their black, but realistically, i have a much greater chance of being harassed than he does; it happens to my friends all the time when we walk around town. not that boys wont be harassed or raped, but its LESS likely (at least in my town) for a boy to be harassed, however he is more likely to be beaten up.

but getting back on topic: i hate when people will stereotype about stupid things like all cheerleaders are bitches, all adult softball players are lesbians, all women with short hair are lesbians, any guy who cares about his appearance is gay. it just pisses the fuck out of me. and i hate not knowing someone's stance of LGBTQ when i'm thinking of coming out to them :dry:

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    people who think all the extra services in life should be free.

7. Enzian

OK...

-"...and I literally died." Why do people feel the need to use 'literally' to mean 'not literally at all'?
    -Wasps. Nature's most irritating bastards, fully deserving of extinction.
    -The fact I can't post on EC and watch TV at the same time.

And finally...

-The Daily Mail. For those outside the UK, this is a racist, misogynist, crypto-fascist, homophobic, xenophobic, technophobic, Islamophobic, youth-phobic, lying poisonous hard-right shitrag, characterised by breathtaking hypocrisy and barely veiled prejudice in its sadly successful bid to appeal to small-minded Middle England curtain-twitchers.

Journalistic atrocities of note include: columns bemoaning the intrusiveness of paparazzi printed right next to enormous shots of whoever's been spotted with hints of cellulite this week, a 1993 headline which (incorrectly as well as homophobically) summarised research on a possible gay gene as "ABORTION HOPE OVER 'GAY GENES' FINDING", and, in 2006, their star columnist Richard Littlejohn putting the boot into the victims of a serial killer in Ipswich because they had been prostitutes.

This may seem excessive, but it's positively restrained compared to the full depth of my hatred for the Mail.

8. SilhouetteDream

Things that piss Laura off:
    -Ignorant people
    -When people interrupt me when I talk. I can't talk over people. And it always seems to happen.
    -wen leik ppl talk leik thisLOLOLOL!!!1!11!!!<33333
    -My dad
    -Nosy people
    -Backwash. ew.
    -Judgmental people
    -Uggs
    -Twilight/Edward Cullen
    -Kayne West
    -When the internet decides to flip out on me
    -The girls in my science class
    -When it takes people 2 hours to text me back.
    -Alarm clocks. LEAVE ME ALONE, I WANNA SLEEP.
    -People who haven't yet learned how to walk in hallways.
    -My skin
    -My ex
    -Homework
    -When I obsess over one tiny, minuscule detail in my art and I can't get over that one imperfection, and because of it, the whole drawing as a whole looks horrible to me even when people tell me it's really good.
    -Rappers
    -Farmville notifications/Other annoying Facebook notifications

9. Shevanel

I want to reiterate how much other drivers piss me off, Tomorrow I will record myself driving to work, just to see how angry I get.

Also. My boss Leon. He's the biggest fucking fuckhead in the world. I never realized how much I can dislike a person. -_-

10. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

oh yeah and when i cant get up the courage to talk to my own parents. about ANYTHING

11. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When people as me for directions, and while I'm trying to tell them, keep asking if this way would be better or that way or if they can get to it this way then say, "Well, I'm not really familar with this area."

Just shut the F:***: up and listen to what I'm telling you!

12. Thisisnew

1. People who don't wash their hands.
    2. People who don't flush the toilet.
    3. Loud eaters.
    4. Suri Cruise.
    5. Being single.
    6. Ignorance.
    7. When people let the door slam in your face instead of holding it for a second so you can grab it.
    8. People who brag about themselves.
    9. The sound of kids screaming.
    10. The fact that I could list more things that piss me off but I'll stop at 10.

13. kyvoice

kyvoice Guest

I hate....

People who only think about themselves
    Dirt
    Gay-bashers
    Religious psychos
    people who dont watch GLEE...lol
    Republicans
    "I am better than you are" people
    Cheaters
    Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Taylor Swift's voice

I am sure I'll think of some more.

14. Katness

I so agree with you on those two. I myself procrastinate way too much. But that does not piss me off as much as the closed mindedness to bisexual people.

15. the ry guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hate it when random people on the stree feel the need to come up to me and bug me about the health problems tobacco has on my health. yes i know its bad for me, but some of them don't know how to take a hint and then i'm the jerk for getting loud and making a scene

Or when douche bag politics try to pass more stupid ass laws that restricts my rights

But the worst is when my job doesn't pay me on time, it's like pulling teeth with these people

my parents

#75 the ry guy, Sep 27, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  16. Nodnarb

A couple more to add...

- Bus drivers who don't wait for you to sit down, or at least get your balance, before flooring it. Only to slam on the brakes 15 seconds later at the next stop...
    - Wendy's employees. The last to times I have ate at Wendy's the people working there were the most rude/inept fast food workers I have ever dealt with. And this was at two separate Wendy's locations.

17. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know I thought it was just ones near me. They do seem to hire people who hate life don't they.

18. I hate when people hate everyone in an entire group of people based on their perceptions of that group as a whole.

19. djt820

You must be a republican.

20. Supertoaster

Supertoaster Guest

...When posts get deleted because they are "mean"

Suck it up.

Lighten up.

Shutup.