1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They Both Die At The End TV Series in Production

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Chierro, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The best selling novel by Adam Silvera is finally getting adapted!

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/ch...-they-both-die-at-the-end-for-hbo-1203138684/

For those who have not read/heard of They Both Die At The End it's about two (queer) boys, Rufus and Mateo, who get a call at midnight telling them that they're going to die at some point that day (as is the norm in the world they live in). In a fantastically told story, Rufus and Mateo end up spending their last day on Earth and frankly, despite the title, it will break your heart.

Adam is fantastically queer author who is finally getting more recognition that he truly deserves. He's also written More Happy Than Not, History Is All You Left Me, and he co-authored What If It's Us with Becky Albertalli (author of Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda).

I don't know about you guys, but I am so incredibly hype for this!

#1 Chierro, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  2. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never heard of that novel. However you got my interest with the title

Reminds me of a manga I enjoyed - Ikigami: The Ultimate Limit

Wiki explains it pretty well "national prosperity law has been passed in a dystopian nation resulting in citizens between the ages of 18-24 being randomly selected to die for the good of the nation. These citizens are given 24-hour notification of their impending death. These notifications are known as "ikigami" - the ostensible reason for this system being to help demonstrate the value of life."

3. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah the title is what really gets people. It's even better when you realize that all of Adam's books have sad endings and with this one he can literally say, "You can't say I didn't warn you."

And yeah that kind of sounds similar! Only difference is that in the world of the book it's not restricted by age, so anyone from a child to a 100 year old person gets a call. Other than that, it sounds really similar!