1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The One Sentenace Story Thread

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by StefaniPurrr, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pat was certain that he was in Heaven, but when he tried to hug is wife, he went right through her.

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They stood facing each other but nothing can be done the only thing that wasn't dead was the love between them

3. logansarah

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But soon he would have her back.

#23 logansarah, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  4. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is what he thinks, since the woman at his door looks just like her.

5. Angellyoso

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The woman then showed him to a room in her house. It was unbelievable. The room was full of books, almost like a library.

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One of the books was magic can she use this to bring back the one she loved back from the dead. Fish the cat looked on as she pondered

7. (I've been looking for a thread like this, and this one does have potential, I suppose, but there are a couple of plot holes. This old woman came into Pat's house asking to use his phone, but that never happened. Then, we went from the woman standing in Pat's doorway to the old woman showing him a room in HER house? I understand that we only have one sentence to shift the story in the direction we want, but that's no excuse for spontaneous teleportation. Haha. Anyway, I'm all for reviving this thread, but would you guys want to keep this story going or start from scratch?)

8. (I admit I'm a tad disappointed that no one else is showing any interest in this thread. I remember doing this activity in my English class a couple years back and it was a great experience!)

9. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

Oh man, I would LOVE to do this sort of activity with my 8th graders and other future students! I thought about starting a new one of these threads, but I wanted to see how far gone this one was first. But it's still here, so I'll wait until it gets pushed down a bit more. It's fun though, I love doing things like this!

So as to stay on topic, I'll add to the story too :slight_smile:

The old woman held the worn book in her hand, and she gently ran her fingers over its curved spine. The woman glanced at the man, her eyes gleaming for an instant. Then, with a shaky hand, she opened the auburn leather cover and began fingering through the pages. Each page was frayed and so thin; it was as if she was turning pages of silken baby skin as she delicately danced her thin fingers over one of the pages in the book. She paused and pointed at a body of text. The man's eyes studied the scrolling letters with fascination.

10. ZiJ

ZiJ

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Suddenly from behind, Pat heard something...

11. killswitch0029

He turned his head to see it approach.

12. (Sorry for reviving this thread, Shoei Loei! Haha. If I had known you were planning to start another one, I would have left this one to die. Since I went through all the effort of reviving this thread, I might as well help keep it alive)

The sound he'd heard was simply Fish, who had slunk into the immense library, eyes gleaming with insidious intent as it gazed upon the shelves of centuries old parchment; however, these fantasies were soon put to rest as Pat turned his back on the ancient tome, which had begun to emit a faint incandescent glow, and scooped up the cat.

13. (Just keeping the ball rolling)
    His attention was diverted just long enough for him to be completely oblivious to the eerie, otherworldly radiance of the leather-bound book; by the time he had coaxed Fish into submission, the evanescent light had already dissipated and the old woman had returned to flipping page after fraying page, creases of concentration converging on her wrinkled forehead.