1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The New Terminator movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ECMember, Nov 23, 2019.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Anyone see it? My family and I we saw it earlier in the month. It had good action scenes. The film got shit on by hardcore fans and probably asshole people because they saw it as a feminist Terminator movie because mostly women were in the film that did 95% of the fighting with Arnold doing the last kill and bit of the heavy action near the end of the flick.

I mean Linda Hamilton aka Sara Connor with a rocket launcher and machine gun with clips was badass to see and blasting shit was cool.

2. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think we said all we needed to say with Terminator 2: Judgement Day. I don't know why they ever made another Terminator movie after that-- it wrapped up the series so neatly and perfectly. But now they've restarted the continuity like, two or three times and the movies suffer from "Spider-Man" syndrome. After the human race has been dissolved, alien archaeologists are going to come down, look at our media and wonder what was wrong with us that we kept restarting continuities the way we do with Spider-Man and Terminator. As far as the movie goes, I didn't see it, it didn't look very good to me. I saw "Genisys," though, I enjoyed that as a sort of "what if" scenario, but nothing will ever be as good as T2.

3. AutismCay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Excuse but Terminator was a Pro-Life Feminist Movie from the Beginning?

4. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wasn't born when the first terminator movie came out and was less than a yr old when T2 came out. I saw T3 in 2003 when I was 11 yrs old. I saw the Termination movie that came out in 09 and this recent one this yr.

But with that being said, I can understand your pov.

If you look at the Terminator film series with a Christian pov you can tell there is some Christian themes.

John Connor as "the Chosen One" and Sarah Connor as a vessel for said Chosen One. And in this recent flick, Sarah Connor aka Linda Hamilton has the line , "She's Mother Mary now..." with regards to the new Latina character Dani

5. AutismCay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sarah Connor in the movies is a powerful female who fights killer robots in the movies. She's at one point blowing up cybernetics labs to stop the robots. I suggest rewatching the movies if you don't think they are feminist.

6. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The latest film she looked badass holding a machine gun and rocket launcher. I mean I'm just saying

7. Ozma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really liked it! It may have not had the same charm as the first two, but it had lots of great action and it was a fun time. Of course, all of that was second to Grace. I spent just about every second of her screentime massively crushing on her. Not only was she super hot, but the film had a lot of queer coding and romantic tension even if they didn't actually do anything.

8. Jaimequestions

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think the hardcore fans had an issue with John Connor getting killed so easily and within the first 5 minutes of the movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I really didnt get hung up on the female lead cast because it was such a great adventure, and they didn't make a big deal about it. I lost it when Arnold gave decorating tips.

9. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Grace? About her, I think the director/producers appeared to model her from the Cpt Marvel non-conforming female look. You know what I mean. She doesn't like girly girl but more of a bit of a masculine look.

Queer coding. You mean with Grace and that Hispanic chick. I get what you mean

Did you like when the women did most of the fighting compared to the old days of Arnold comng in and doing the fighting