1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "Making Friends" Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IceCream, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Kaden216

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, thank you for all the details about Legendia! :grin: I do think it sounds interesting, so I'll have to give it a try sometime. My roommate says he does have it, so I could potentially play it. :icon_wink

As I was scrolling down to read your post, I looked at your avatar and then face-palmed for asking which starter you picked in Moon. :lol: But I liked hearing about your Pokemon team! I've tried not to look too much at the Sun/Moon Pokemon because I don't want to spoil too much before I play, but the ones I've seen look awesome! Have you encountered a lot of the regional variations of the older Pokemon?

2. NoPlaceLikeHomo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, everyone!!
    My name (as this site knows it) is NoPlaceLikeHomo! I'm a closeted teen as of right now, but I plan within a year or two to be an out and about, rainbow-flaunting teen.

I'm a hyperactive extrovert but extremely socially awkward, so my social interactions
    with other humans get very interesting!

I love to be friends with anyone an everyone, so message me!

My interests include:
    -Guitar
    -Whitewater kayaking
    -Italian food
    -Martial arts
    -Biology & Ecology
    -Geography

So nice to be a part of the community! How about you? What's your opinion on garlic bread?

3. IceCream

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just looked up a butterfly kick and it really does look impressive! Have fun learning it :icon_wink

Your plot sounds intriguing, I look forward to reading an excerpt at some point in the future! How long has it taken you to write, from the initial idea to sending it off to publishers?

I'm up for anything, to be honest! I really need to branch out with my music taste haha.

I would have thought a Black Widow film would make them a lot of $$$, if that's what they're most interested in? It's strange and frustrating.

---------- Post added 19th Dec 2016 at 10:07 AM ----------

I've never played Spyro myself, what do you have to do in it? And paragon for me, yourself?

Oh sarcasm, I love sarcasm! (was that sarcastic? who knows... :lol:slight_smile: that seven deadly sins story sounds hilarious, I like the idea that you can "accidentally" sell your soul to the devil *grabs onto own soul*

what a great idea for a game! I'd love to play that!

grammar just comes naturally to me, to be honest. But grammar is nothing if you suck at plot like me :eusa_doh:

I'm up for reading anything, plays or novels! since I'm off to university next year, it's important for me to read widely.

---------- Post added 19th Dec 2016 at 10:15 AM ----------

Hey there! I replied to you a couple of pages ago, but the format went weird, so it's no wonder you didn't see it :eusa_doh:

Whitewater kayaking is an interesting hobby, how did you get into it?

What martial arts do you do?

Ah, I see you've asked the most important question of the thread! Garlic bread is, of course, the best thing ever...

4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No problem. Definitely try it out.

Yup, I've seen almost all of them now. You'll probably encounter Rattata, Grimer, and Meowth the earliest. What starter are you picking?

5. NoPlaceLikeHomo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Ice Cream!
    You know, I thought I already posted on this thread, but I couldn't remember. Oops.
    I do Tang Soo Do, which is a lot like Tae Kwon Do, but it's been around for longer.
    Interesting story about the kayaking, actually. The English teacher at my high school also happened to be a whitewater kayaker, so he started a team right on campus!

6. oboiaus

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Anyone here from Australia?

7. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

8. CROSSY ROAD

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I need friends I suppose

9. Kaden216

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The fire kitty! :grin: I can't remember its name. :lol:

Hello, friend! :icon_wink What kinds of stuff are you into? Video games? Shows? Books? Garlic bread? Share with us! :icon_bigg

10. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ..did someone say garlic bread? (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

11. Love is love

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well, ok. I'll give this a shot.
    Hi my name is Love, 14 years old
    -I'm a history nerd (especially American revolution)
    -top TV shows are Doctor Who, Sherlock, The Office, and Psych
    - Professional Shower Singer
    - Really want to be a World traveler
    - Live in Arizona, really hot (120F) and 60F is FREEZING to me
    - I love accents. ALL of them
    - Nerdfighter (DFTBA!)
    - John Green enthusiast
    - hopefully future author
    - Very political
    - Is a Hufflepuff
    - Into fanfiction. (Especially JohnLock)
    - Lin-Manuel Miranda expert
    - BrOaDwAy
    That's about it. I have a mundane life.
    ~Love

12. Kaden216

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would totally love some right now except that my stomach is upset, so I better stay away for now. D:

Yay, a fellow John Green fan! :grin: I'm a newcomer to Nerdfighteria, but I've been enjoying a lot of the vlogbrothers videos (as well as Mental Floss and SciShow). I still think Hank Green's video about orientation and sexuality is the best explanation of those subjects I've ever seen. I repost that video on Facebook every time I come across it. :icon_wink

13. IceCream

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well done on the progress! How often do you "train" (is that the right word?)

It's reassuring to know it's a long process, sometimes I feel like I should have completed a novel by now but it does take time. I hope you hear back soon.

I'll check out Hans Zimmer and "Future World Music", thanks :slight_smile:

What did you think of Doctor Strange?

---------- Post added 20th Dec 2016 at 08:46 AM ----------

Tang Soo Do looks really cool!

Oh wow, that's amazing! The clubs at my school weren't nearly so interesting :lol:

---------- Post added 20th Dec 2016 at 08:48 AM ----------

Hey!

I saw on your profile that you like writing, and there are quite a lot of writers here, so hopefully you'll feel quite at home :icon_bigg what kind of stuff do you write?

---------- Post added 20th Dec 2016 at 08:52 AM ----------

Woo, doctor who and sherlock! Who's your favourite doctor?

Have you read the fic Alone On the Water? I'm not a huge Johnlock shipper but I love that fic so much...

14. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I suppose training is the right word. I go my club around twice a week, though I train in my own time pretty much every day. Although I live in a block of flats, it does have a pretty large garden (two actually) and I head out there during the evenings to practice anything from fencing to kickboxing. I also do a bit of jiujitsu practice but it's pretty hard to do that without a sparring partner. I go to my fencing and jiujitsu classes once a week.

I can understand that. I used to get quite unnerved when I heard about people who had finished their books within a matter of weeks. But I've since learned that it's much better to take the time to refine your book as best as you can, rather than rush into it.

No problem, I hope you like it! Are there any soundtracks or composers that you like in particular?

I haven't watched Doctor Strange just yet (I know, what a tragedy) but I'm hoping to watch it fairly soon, even today if things go well :slight_smile: I'm guessing you've watched it already?

Hey NoPlaceLikeHomo, I couldn't help but notice you mentioning your liking for martial arts in an earlier post. As somebody who's also into martial arts, I'm quite intrigued. :lol: What's Tang Soo Do like? How is the fighting style?

15. IceCream

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You're very dedicated :slight_smile: how did you get into jujitsu in the first place?

Very true, slow and steady wins the race, as they say. I'm not a huge fan of John Green (I know I mentioned him earlier but I like his writing advice, just not really his writing) but he said he takes around 3 years to write a book, so I'm going to set that as my benchmark.

She isn't really epic music, but have you heard of Lindsey Stirling? I listen to her as just a general soundtrack quite often.

Hope you like it! Yes I have seen it, it was really good, though Benedict Cumberbatch with an American accent was strange (or Strange, heh) at first!

16. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks, I just find it very enjoyable and I feel really good afterwards, so of course I do it whenever I can. I got into jiujitsu when I started secondary school, because there was a jiujitsu club during lunch. That club has since moved out of my school which is good, because it means I can continue doing it once I leave the school next year.

I agree that he has some pretty good writing advice. Three years does sound like a good benchmark, that should give you plenty of time to plan, write and edit etc.

I used to listen to her regularly, though at some point I stopped for some reason. I'll be sure to check out her music now that you brought it up.

I'm really looking forward to Doctor Strange, I have been waiting for it for months! Though now that you mention Cumberbatch's accent... Well, this should be interesting.

17. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Litten! That's the one my sister picked too. We have a tradition of choosing different starters ever since generation 1.

18. Love is love

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yah, John and Green are really helpful and funny. :lol: Welcome to Nerdfighteria!
    -Love

---------- Post added 20th Dec 2016 at 01:37 PM ----------

Oh, my favorite Doctor would have to be 10. :icon_redf
    Oh, I've heard of that fanfic, but I'll go read it right now!
    -Love

19. IceCream

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Exercise is supposed to be great for stress relief and stuff isn't it, hence why I'm hoping to finally start exercising regularly from next year! it's great that your secondary school offered that, my school never had anything that interesting :dry:

I got into her music when I googled "violin music" because I love violins (I used to play, actually...) and it's not too distracting to work to.

Let me know how you find it! :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 20th Dec 2016 at 10:11 PM ----------

Same! Though I do have a soft spot for 9... I wish he'd been in the 50th...

I reread it this morning because I'd totally forgotten about it before your post, and I cried for a second time. I hope you enjoyed it, as much as you can enjoy a fic with so much pain!

20. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah, it's brilliant for stress relief. Starting exercise regularly sounds like a really good idea, though you may need to experiment with a few different types of sports before you find the one that works for you. I personally find martial arts the most effective because it's quite active and it enables me to focus all my energy and tension onto a physical object. However other people find running or yoga more relieving. The truth is, sports preferences can vary as much as any other hobby. As for school sports, I agree that it was brilliant while the club existed. But it was soon removed and replaced by zumba which sucked for me.

I remember listening to her covers of songs like Radioactive, they were so good! They would get stuck in my head for ages haha. I also used to play the violin, and I think knowing the instrument makes it that much more impressive to hear Lindsey Stirling playing it so well.

Oh I will. Knowing me I'll probably have a LOT to say about it. :lol: