1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The International Body Exchange Service

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BanditWings, Jul 4, 2016.

1. BanditWings

Seeing one discussion question on here inspired me to post my own-
    What if there was an International Body Exchange Service- one where you could go online, find someone whose body corresponds with the gender you identify as (and yours corresponds with theirs) and agree to trade, and the next morning you'd wake up with their body?
    Alternatively, what if there was a computer program that allowed you to alter anything about your body as you see fit, and you'd wake up that way the next morning?

2. Glowing Eyes

I've actually had a fantasy like this before where this one girl who's body I really envy is a transguy and there's a technology that allows people to trade bodies and we did that. I guess it would be a bit awkward for me to completely give away my body and seeing somebody else walking around in it. I'd probably cry 'cause I suck at giving up things that have been with me for a long time (and my body has been with me literally for my whole life) and my family would probably get depression from seeing me change so quickly. All things considered, I would do it if I could (and if it were even a real thing).

3. Synesthesia

The computer program thing would be amazing. I think about that reguarly.

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I think I would do that - probably just right away. Damn, I'm getting excited just thinking about it, lol.

5. XMikaX

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have thought about that lately too and it would be so awesome if this program was real *o*.

6. Pistachio

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Man I've fantasized about that sort of thing a lot lately.. If only it were possible..

7. glenriver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would use it right away, no question. Same with the other one, it seems to be a pretty common fantasy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: if only it was reality.

8. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would for sure use either the service or the program, either would be amazing.

9. Systems

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Both sound amazing. I also often think about genetic engineering and cloning combined with mind transferral. As far as I know, the most realistic of these is genetic engineering to modify your body, possibly just using a computer. I'm certain that this kind of technology is possible, but I don't know how much technological and scientific progress has to be made first.

I'm kind of weirded out by the idea of getting someone else's body, and someone else getting mine. I think it would be too much of a shock and drastic change for me, and plus there wouldn't be a market for someone like me: I want to have typically male genitals, but only female secondary sex characteristics (a body that's been through female puberty only). I'm not sure if I could settle for someone else's body that fits that description. What I really want is to undo the wrong puberty in MY body and then go through female puberty. Then I'd look like I'm supposed to. Unfortunately unless drastic advances in medicine are made, I won't live long enough to finally be able to fix my body.

And here's a relevant morbid thought that often crosses my mind: if I could clone myself and ensure my clone went through the right puberty, I think I'd then kill myself. In some way I'd get to live in my right body, and I wouldn't have to be miserable in this ruined body anymore. It's a win-win in a way. In the other way it's just suicide and loss of a valuable life.

10. peterw78165

peterw78165 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This sounds like some crazy science-fiction shit.

11. glenriver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Somebody call the writers over to this thread.

12. XxAlexanderxX

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've frequently fantasized about things like this, such as being able to change parts about myself as I wish and be able to return them to normal whenever I want. Sometimes it sucks that things like this aren't real. But then I think about it, and it's a strange concept.

13. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People have written stories about this kind of thing. I've seen a few short comics about the very thing on image hosting sites.

I don't think I would do a straight body swap. But the adjust my current self would be pretty damn awesome. Make my jaw line more square, adjust some muscle tone, or if its like the character customization some games have, just change gender for the hell of it. For the gender fluid people that would probably get a ton of use.

14. glenriver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was really into character customization in video games because of this :lol:

15. AmyBee

I sometimes fantasize about stuff like that. I mean you often get people jokingly offering to trade, right? What if they weren't joking? It's fun to think about, anyway. I'm hoping in reality for different kinds of gene therapy where they can go in and edit your RNA to at least have your body produce its own HRT. There was something recently where researchers found a way they've been editing DNA can also work with RNA, which is safer for disease treatment and things like that. I can't think of the name of the process or I'd find an article and link it. That just got me wondering what it would be like if you could make your own hormones with your own proteins. I think that's the LAST thing they would think to use it for but I'm wondering if that wouldn't be a lot safer and easier on people's livers and whatnot than what's available now.

16. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exactly.

The only thing I'm partial too is my face and eyes. I think I'd prefer to keep that so I'd have some sense of self left, though obviously my face on T.

But bodies... Hell yeah.

17. Delta

I would LOVE the computer program, I dream about that. Or if the body exchange program could work with single parts, so like I could trade a trans woman my hairlessness for her facial and body hair, and my noodle arms for her musculature, and my melodic Disney Princess horrible voice that I hate for something deeper and more respectable, without having to change my genitalia or boobs.