1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The guys are bigger gossips than the girls!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by YermanTom, May 29, 2018.

1. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Background: I’m married to a woman I’m gay and we are in the middle of splitting up. This involves selling the house. At the moment I’m totally out, everyone knows that we are splitting up and why.

On a warmup run before the Saturday morning 5k ‘Parkrun’ I was chatting to one of the girls in my running club, the conversation went like this:

Me: Are you going for a good time?

Her: No. I’m using it as a fast part of a longer run. And you?

Me: No, myself and herself shares a bottle of wine last night. We needed to talk about the divorce and selling the house.

Her: Yea! I heard that, it must be tough.

Me: We are still best of friends, so there is really no problems. At the end of it she can get a new man and I’ll get an new man as well.

Her: What …. A MAN!!!

She was surprised that people had talked about my divorce and moving house and everyone forgot to mention that it was because I was gay.

She was quite supportive about the whole thing.

The following day I had arranged to give a couple of samurai swords I had lying around to a martial arts club I was involved in. I had time in the morning to go for a shortish run, about 10K. I met a couple of the lads from the club in the local park. They were on their usual Sunday morning long run. One of the guys was new to the club. His first time meeting the club members was on the training session on the previous Thursday. I mentioned that I was only doing a short run as I had to drop off some equipment to an old club I was involved in.

The new guy asked if it was the Front runners(the gay running club). I said no, it’s a martial arts club I was involved in, but I have run with the Front runners in the past. The conversation then went back to race times and training schedules.

Conclusion:Nobody in my running club is the bothered whether I’m gay or not.

Secondly the guys are bigger gossips than the girls!

Audiophile likes this.
  2. PotatoPotato

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I mean, I could've told you how big of a gossip guys can be :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

YermanTom likes this.