1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"The Gremlin"

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AlexTheGrey, Jun 6, 2015.

1. AlexTheGrey

Ugh it has been one of "those days". All I wanted to do was get a couple chores done around the place, and start digging into a game I've had sitting on the table for months. Nope, not gonna happen.

Couldn't enjoy it because my mood has just been absolutely terrible. It's like there is a nagging in the back of my mind today that's been whispering all day at me without any pause or break. Thoughts that basically tell me that I'm screwed. I would have been better off born female, but I'll never be a "whole" woman. I should consider transition, but all I'll know is isolation and hatred. I may not be transgender, but I'll be stuck with these nagging thoughts that I am forever.

And all day all I could do was try to find things to distract me from these thoughts, and it didn't work. Really, typing this out is about the only truly therapeutic thing that seems to help at least keep it in control right now.

And it really started when I found out that a friend of someone that I've known through high school is a trans woman and have been conflicted on if I should reach out to her, and how to even do it. I think it just helped spiral things out of control. That and getting sucked into reading the issues trans women face (trans misogyny), even in the liberal areas like my own locale.

Bah, I know I'm ranting a bit, but it has been about the most crippling day I've had in a long time.

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel you. (*hug*) More than ever, right now.

3. AlexTheGrey

Well, maybe I can do something productive with this thread... How would you people handle approaching another trans person whom you've not really interacted with over the years? It would be helpful to build a support network of folks IRL, but it isn't as simple as simply saying, "hey, I know we only really know each other through this other person, but I'm probably transgender as well, and would like to talk if you wouldn't mind?"

Or is it just that simple?