1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The greatest fear

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by JessieLately, Dec 24, 2015.

1. JessieLately

I am scared to death about being homeless as an older person and being 38 and Kinda homosexual. I've told some people & to some I choose not to because of how they think and what they would do to me or anyone in this world who is. As a kid who was 14-17 years old and kicked out of my house by a mother who wanted no responsibility of me and let every man she was with rule everything including kicking me out as a kid to be homeless on the street's struggling to survive and eat and stay clean. When your parental units are catholic hypocrite bigots Who drink and do drugs and are abusive to you because you are homosexual in some regard you absolutely never feel safe. Because of how I was treated as a child and because it took me so long to get stable and right in my head, it makes me worry and have nightmares about being homeless as an adult and struggling so badly and being abused for being who I am to being yelled at to being physically harmed and being alone and shunned. I don't think this will ever go away. This never ending fear of being homeless or ending up being homeless again for whatever circumstance that happens.