1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The COGIATI (gender idenity test)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by J Snow, Sep 23, 2011.

1. J Snow

Oh hey, my old thread is back lol. I'm lying in bed on my cell phone, so I'm not gonna write out a big response right now, but you summed up very well how I feel. I feel like I do too much thinking and it gets me no where.

Also I envy natural born girls A LOT. However, I have this feeling that if I transitioned it wouldn't be the same as being a real girl.

2. 11 11 11

Wouldn't be the same...your right.....

I mean - If I could - I'd get reborn as a natural girl. (one with fairer skin too :dry: ) But you know what - that's not an option right now - and I simply can't spend the rest of my life waiting in the hope that it does become an option.

I guess I'm different to most people in the sense that I don't mind mangling myself or becoming a "freak" because I already feel like one.

Would it be nice to become almost indistinguishable from a genetic female? Sure. But I won't wait about because there's no available surgery to change my Y chromosome, or give me a uterus.

3. FoxFire11

Same, when I was trying to discover my orientation I thought that I was Bi-Sexual because I would stare at girls, their hair, make-up & clothes I wished that I could do that too. As it turns out I was just really envious of them.

I could never pull it off Because of that whole being freakishly tall thing I’ve got going for me. Even with hormones + surgery people would still be able to tell :dry:

4. Doctor Faustus

I thought I'd try the test for fun. I got 5 (androgynous) but I am perfectly happy being male. I'll keep my penis, thanks.

5. firemaker13

If your feeling are true about being female then you are a real female. It don't matter what you was born with. All it matters is that ur happy.

6. phoenix42

@ 11, sorry about the vague response. Soul searching is just what it sounds like though. You delve through your feelings, beliefs, ideals, ask questions internally and answer honestly. Once you can figure out yourself the rest will come.

@snow and 11,
    I completely agree about being of women. Hell, it's gotten to the point that. when my Dad and are out and see an attractive woman, he comments "damn did you see her ass? Sexy!" And I think "damn I wish I could have it :'(. I used to be of the opinion that if a uteral transplant where possible I would transition tomorrow, now I would rather try and make myself happy until something like that becomes available (read a medical journal that said a COMPLETE sex change, including ovaries, uterus, ect. Was not.as far away as you might think. They said 5-7 years probably. It's worked in animal testing

7. Veronica

I'm not sure how much being tall is a problem. I know lots of girls around my height and I'm 6'2. My sisters aren't much shorter either, just an inch or two. The only problem with being tall is that you are a bit restricted when it comes to high heels. That's a bit of a problem for me cause I love 'em.

8. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even with my first post, I put it off until now, 357. "A very high possibility of being transsexual"

Well, at least I took the test.

9. 11 11 11

Thanks Pheonix42 - that explanation of soul-searching kinda makes sense XD And if that's really all it is, I think I can quite definitely say, that I've been doing it non-stop for the past 2 weeks :grin:

Although it dosn't seem to be helping .-.

10. Veronica

Yeah, I score much lower because I am pretty good at some of the things that is classified as masculine in that test. Like math. Which isn't surprising as I have a scientific degree and therefore have had to learn a lot of advanced math. As I said before, the test is focused on stereotypes that aren't necessarily scientific. Another weakness with the test is confirmation bias. It is incredibly easy to select the options that will give you the result you want.

11. J Snow

Ugh, so I went Christmas shopping with my bf today. He kept going into stores like Victoria's Secret. It made me feel really depressed. I just kept look at the girls shopping and the model's on the wall and I felt so jealous =(

12. 11 11 11

Feel glad that you get the opportunity to be taken into such stores. I kid. I kid.

I know how you feel. It's at the stage where I can't really go out in public - without feeling jealous and depressed around girls.

I'm sorry....I haven't figured out a for this yet... :frowning2:

13. J Snow

Yeah, I was pretty surprised how much it bothered me. Its interesting, because I used to always think I was attracted to females, just not really interested in having sex with them. Now I'm starting to think is going on is that I'm not really physically attracted to them so much as just jealous. Like, it took me a long time to accept I liked men, because of this "attraction" to girls, but I really think what I'm doing 95% of the time is just looking at what I wish I could be, not be with.

I'm so damn confused... My bf kept asking me what was wrong until I finally explained it as simply as I could. Which I feel was not at all. I talk to him about it here and there, but I don't think he understands how much I think about it, and how much it bothers me.

I'm sorry that you are feeling similarly 11 11 11. I know how you feel. (*hug*)

14. FoxFire11

Exactly the same here.

I have to stop taking the test my results are all over the place. It’s definitely a broken test.

For example the social questions on it I’m certain that I’m getting marked down for them as my social skills leave a lot to be desired. (I have really mild aspergers)

I don’t know I’m 6’5” I stand out quite a bit, I hate my height.:dry:

15. J Snow

Well, even though I'm sorry you have to go through this as well, it does feel good to know I'm not the only one that feels the way I do.

Not to be a Negative Nancy or anything, but I kind of agree height can be a big issue. I go to a lot of drag shows, and to be honest, a lot of the performers are stunning. However, I feel that the height is really the only thing that separates them.

I'm about 5'11" and I feel that that's pretty tall for a girl... That's of course assuming I did decided to transition or do drag. Both of which I would love. Both of which I will probably never do...

16. Blkrsn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I got -110

Yeah.

17. Colton

Your COGIATI result value is: -140 Which means that you fall within the following category:
    COGIATI classification TWO, FEMININE MALE

Lol. Negative 140?

18. phoenix42

11 11 11 and snow,
    I completely understand where you are coming from!I went shopping with the family yesterday and found myself having the same thoughts as you. I was actually quite depressed after we finished shopping which is odd.

Also, i guess i never realized it before but i can see how height could be a problem. I'm lucky in that i am only 5'5'' but, to your minds, I know a lot of girls that are over 6 feet tall. Most are basketball players and volleyball players though.

19. 11 11 11

While height is often touted as a disadvantage, I think that may be stereotypes speaking again.

I don't know about others, but six-feet girls are my kind of thing. It's just society still runs with the idea that females should be short - fair enough, seeing a lot of them are. I know it's different for us because we need to play to the stereotypes - in order to pass. But at a certain point I think you have to draw a line in the sand and be an individual girl instead of a conformist dwarf. (or a depressed guy because you're to tall to be a conformist dwarf.)

*checks height*

And I'm roughly.....5 foot 7. Which you might consider tall, I dunno - but nearly everyone else in my year at school is taller than me. Height really is a relative sort of thing.

Sorry I'd make longer post - but dads dragging me to the farm again. I hate this man.

20. Katelynn

Your COGIATI result value is: 335 Which means that you fall within the following category:
    COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL
    What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially feminine, but with some masculine or androgynous traits. It is very possible that you are a candidate for a diagnosis of transsexualism. You show a strong degree of gender dysphoria. At the very least, further investigation should be undertaken. Your COGIATI score places you among the majority of those diagnosed as transsexuals, the 'late onset' tanssexual.

Well, this is just confirming what this girl already knows! lol! If I had felt like I could have said something when I was younger, I would have probably felt more comfortable with coming out when I was 10 years old, especially since I knew for sure when I was 8 years old. With the way my parents are, plus them both being so Catholic & it being the 1980s & there being a lot less understanding of GID back then (heck, I didnt even hear about GID until the end of high school), I just never had an outlet to feel comfortable enough to come out to anyone. Still, the above is still true. No test can really tell you who you are. But it's nice to know this test just confimed that I'm the nice, big girly girl Ive always known I have been! lol! Although I totally disagree with the past about being a 'late onset' transsexual. This gal has known for her whole life!!!

I'm 5 ft 10 in, so I can relate. But if it helps any, there are plenty of tall girls out there. Just look to the WNBA for proof. And tall girls are sexy! My first crush when I was in elementary school was easily at least a foot taller than I was & I absolutely adored her & thought she was GORGEOUS!!!

#60 Katelynn, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011