1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The BIG Married and Gay thread..

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Richie., Feb 9, 2014.

1. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is going to make for one hell of an interesting t-shirt. Just sayin'.

2. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ooooh! *warm rush* I feel so welcome! So let me post a formal introduction....

I am Annika...partnered over 27 years with a wonderful woman...which may sound ideal until you consider that we're both bisexual, and both miss the "other" side of our sexuality (while not devaluing the part we do have), but yet have such hang-ups inherited from our monogamy-oriented culture that...well, I think we're struggling with sexuality issues as much as the rest of you, if in a different way.

And I've *really* appreciated EC starting up this "Later in Life" forum...getting to know you guys has been awesome!

3. mermaid

Nice thread!
    Uh, is it my turn now?
    Married to my husband for 10 years, 2 kids, 10 and 7. Having crushes on girls since kindergarten I realised that I was a lesbian when I was 16. Married him because I wanted to fit in. Being lesbian was unthinkable and disgusting.
    Came out to myself and to my very understanding husband in 2011, we are still married for the kids sake.
    I have found a wonderful girlfriend. :love:

4. SRS1120

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can just edit gaboy1999's post for years and #kids, it mirrors my situation, have been lurking for a few months, I really need to do an intro post, I keep wanting to comment from time to time but hesitant to just jump in

huge thanks to all that post, just reading here has been helpful and comforting

d.......

5. GayDadStr8Marig

...now if I can just get the visual image of this into something that will work on a t-shirt!

6. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We're all here for the same thing. Please, do an intro, and try to just jump in. No piranhas here! This is anonymous talk therapy for all of us, one group hug after another.
    (&&&)

7. Richie.

I love love love your out status:eusa_danc

---------- Post added 10th Feb 2014 at 06:25 PM ----------

hiiiiiii :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 10th Feb 2014 at 06:25 PM ----------

hiiiiiii :slight_smile:

8. ukguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Married over 25 years; 2 grown up children; wife knows; still at home; have a met a guy I really like and have been seeing him; decision time looming....

9. tscott

No pictures in Google of a badger in kilts, Choirboy, some neat sporrans though made from badgers.

10. Penpal

Hi, I'm married and have been for 10 years. I have 2 children aged 8 and 6. Going through a really tough time deciding what I am. At the moment I have used the label of bi but have no experience with women so I'm not 100% sure. This site has made me realise how many people are like me. I'm in the West Midlands too, feels comforting to know there are people close by. Thanks for starting the thread. Still in my marriage at the moment but its not looking good. X

11. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :Hi,

No badgers or beavers please in my kilt.

:roflmao: :roflmao:

12. tscott

Since we're all feeling so fine and frisky. Maybe we should start a summer camp for the Lost Boys and our kids. Put a new spin on the "new normal". Maybe just us. Just tossing it out there. Maybe in Scotland or Wisconsin:roflmao:.

13. GayDadStr8Marig

I've never been one for camping (my idea of "roughing-it" is Holiday Inn :slight_smile: ), but a KGBBS summer camp for the Lost Boys and kids sounds like an awesome idea. My son would be beside himself if he knew I just put myself out there for camping! I don't know if he would be thrilled I finally considered doing it, or p:***:d off I would never go before. :confused:

I can just hear the sarcasm now, "geez dad, sure you'll take me to go camping with your gay friends but not just me" ... (well, maybe not, he's a good kid and we used to do tons of stuff together, everyone's just so busy and I've been so run down fortifying my closet; just more of that self-defeating attitude I gotta get over.)
    :bang:

14. Richie.

Just had a nightmare :frowning2:

15. GayDadStr8Marig

hope it wasn't something i said....
    :eusa_doh:

16. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably that whole "camping" thing. Good lord. I agree, roughing it means only ONE bathroom! Actually I truly love being out in the beauty of nature....as long as I don't have to SLEEP there. I would be more than willing to take one for the KGBBS team, however, providing the right kind of refreshments were involved.

17. GayDadStr8Marig

tent camping for me just isn't goug to happen. and the whole latrine situation.... ummm, no. I need modern facilities, at least 1950 vintage to get by. I get jaundice before I use portolets. :frowning2:

I'm fairly certain the KGBBS bylaws mandate quality refreshment for any gathering. No worries there. And for any non alcohol members, their beverage of choice is reserved for the event. We definitely don't want any angry badgers!

I've got big dreams for the colony/retreat center. Just ask Ed! God, I'm never going to live this one down, am I? :slight_smile:

18. D43054

Married 29 years... Two awesome kids (girls 9 & 14). Yes, I had a boyfriend in my life before marriage (also denied it to myself then). Struggling to open up to my wife with the truth. I know I should (and I want to) just trying to find my way right now. I've always known... Just finally accepted it.

19. Richie.

I'm kinda scared meeting a new guy in Starbucks for a coffee. Just waiting to meet. He ain't far. Yikes

20. GayDadStr8Marig

go get 'em, relax and have fun, you deserve it :thumbsup: