1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Best News You Have Ever Recieved

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bulbul, Oct 10, 2018.

1. bulbul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    A few years ago, I was taking my IELTS Exam (International English Language Testing System). During the speaking test, the examiner asked me some random questions, then she said that she would give me a subject that I must talk about for 5 minutes. She asked me to talk about the best news I have ever received!!!

I have received a good amount of good news in my life, but nothing good enough to be etched in my memory, or even worth talking about for 5 whole minutes.

So let me ask you, if you have been asked that question, what would you have said?

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say finding out I no longer had thyroid cancer, but that wasn't a particular moment more like a series of treatments going well and labs continuing to show things are good.

So I'll go with "your application to adopt this dog has been approved"

3. bulbul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm happy that you are all better, I wish you and everyone on this site a long and healthy life

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks! This December will be 10 years since the surgery and all has fortunately been well since then

5. Loves books

I really don't think I have ever had news that was fantastic. The best news I hope to hear in the future is they have developed a cure for myotonic dystrophy.

6. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would have to say that the news that felt the best at the time was that I had gotten into my University of choice. I had always kind of assumed that I could do it if I wanted to, but I had worked so hard for so long (it was something I wanted since I was little) and had so many people dismiss it as a mere pipe dream. Plus it meant that I was going to move across the country and start my own new life, and I really needed that at the time.