1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That new girl from Germany

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Mirabelle, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Mirabelle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello everyone :smilewave

I stumbled upon this forum on my long journey of confusion and finally decided to create an account.

I first thought that I might be bisexual when I was 16 but I wasn't sure. The "problem" was that I feel sexually attracted to both men and women but can't see myself in a relationship with a woman. I just don't feel emotionally/romantically attracted to them. At that time I never even considered that physical and emotional attractions don't need to be congruent and dismissed my mixed feelings as "a teenage phase". Well, here I am 8 years later and nothing has changed^^.

When I finally got access to a computer (yeah, I'm that old) I started to do some research about bisexuality but just couldn't find a satisfying explanation to my situation. So I just decided to live with it and tell people that I'm straight which on the one hand felt right but than again didn't if you know what I mean? I didn't want to say that I'm bisexual because I always felt like I would offend people who are actually bisexual. I thought it meant that you are willing to be in a romantic relationship with both men and women (which I'm not). Also, I was scared that people wouldn't take me seriously.

There's this tumblr blog called Bisexual-Community I started to follow a while ago and last week I stumbled upon one of their posts, talking about how among others, "heteroromantic bisexual" people are always welcome in the Bi-Community. I've never seen this expression before, it doesn't even seem to exist in German. So googled it.

I actually cried while reading all this stuff from people who feel exactly the same way as I do! I don't think I've ever felt this understood in my whole life!

I'm sorry, this whole thing got longer than I wanted it to be. I'm just so happy that I finally know who I am and that there are other people like me. (&&&)

2. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Halli Hallo Mirabelle!

I felt like you, except for the crying part (I came closer :icon_wink).
    Yeah, bisexuals have it harder in some LGBT circles. EC is actually the first online community where I felt comfortable enough to stick around. People is open, and willing to give you (good) advice.

Feel free to hit me anytime, and Herzlich willkommen to the party :smilewave

3. wolf of fire

Hello and welcome to EC, feel free to message me if you need help with anything or want to chat.

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. Mirabelle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello and thanks for the warm welcome :slight_smile:

I just reread my post and noticed that some things could easily be misunderstood. So I feel the need to clarify something.

"Willing" is probably a very poor choice of words. I'm really sorry, English isn't my first language and they didn't exactly teach us how to talk about our sexual orientation in English class and I couldn't think of a better expression to describe what I wanted to describe.

It sounds like I would think that women aren't good enough for a romantic relationship which is not true! I don't see women as sex objects! While I'm without a doubt physically attracted to women, I just never fell in love/was romantically attracted to them. But in order to be in a committed long-term relationship, I need to be in love with the person I'm with. If I ever fall in love with a woman, I won't fight it. It just hasn't happened so far but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't embrace it.

Ok, I just needed to say this. As you were :icon_wink

6. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello and welcome :slight_smile:

Take part... ask questions... people like to help

(&&&)

People here are accepting... I'd say take part, and speak your mind

(*hug*)

Here are a few thought that might help you accept:
    Come out

(*hug*)

7. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi :slight_smile:

Haha, this one made me laugh, great :roflmao: Maybe english class would have been much more interesting talking about that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'm happy for you that this bisexual-community blog helped you finding out who you are and I'm sure the people on EC will help you too, if you need some advice. It's a great community.

In case you've questions or just wanna talk, feel free to contact me.

Have fun here :slight_smile:

8. monome

Hello and Welcome.

Your post is very interresting and I think I can relate to what You feel. I'm sure You will find here what You look for.

Good Luck!

9. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Hallo und willkommen in EC
    Es gibt hier viele leute die zwar technisch gesehen bi oder pan sind sich aber romanisch nur zu einem Geschlecht hingezogen fühlen ich denke daher das du zu diesem Thema viele gute Gesprächspartner finden wirst.Abgesehen davon sind die Leute hier wirklich nett und ziemlich witzig und verständnisvoll =)

PS wenn du in Frankfurt wohnst kann ich dir das kuss41 empfehlen ein paar Leute die ich kenne haben echt gute Erfahrungen damit gemacht

10. Mirabelle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello everyone and thanks again! Wow, I didn't think that there would be so many other people from Germany here! And everyone really seems very nice so far.

Hi Lizzz. Well, it's true, isn't it? My sister is a teacher maybe I can talk her into it :grin:.

Hi jay777. Thank you very much. This is totally off topic but are you by any chance a Buffy fan? I'm asking because your avatar looks like Michelle Trachtenberg.

Hi randomly me! Nein, ich komme nicht direkt aus Frankfurt, aber meinen Wohnort kennt man außerhalb von Deutschland wohl eher nicht. Daher Frankfurt. Aber danke für den Tipp! :slight_smile:

11. Fandom obsessed

Hello and welcome! :grin:

12. thesecretcat

Hello :slight_smile: Just ask what is on your mind, everyone is very friendly here :slight_smile:

13. Feline

Feline Guest

Hello and welcome, Mirabelle!

I'm really happy that you finally found other people to identify with, as well as a term (heteroromantic bisexual). I never heard of it before either, but I knew people like that could (and do) exist. It is really hard to place boundaries in sexuality, even if we try to do it all the time, I believe many of us have different types of attraction, and few people realize these nuances. This cute comic explains it a bit.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts/feelings. :slight_smile: