1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks for coming to my T...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by C06122014, Jun 12, 2019.

1. C06122014

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am a social animal-and I love my friends. They're all gone for the summer, and EVERYONE is gone for the next two weeks and I feel alone and a bit lost right now? Elaine my best friend is doing a camp for kids with parents with cancer for the next week, she is amazing, Ben another good friend is in Spain for the summer, Sarah just took off for her internship in Ireland, Kharl and Kim are in New Zealand for the next two weeks and Gavin is back home in Boston. I am back home for the next two months (Until I move into my new apartment in August with Sarah and Elaine) and I'm lonely. I have not been on this site in right around two years, I first joined in 2013ish and then deleted my account in 2017 when I took off for college.

It feels so strange to be back here because I am in such a different place than I was when I first joined. That actually makes me really happy, and proud! I have grown and I don't recognize myself at all, and considering I didn't like who I was then too much, I like the change. But sitting in my old room, listening to throw backs and French bops really has me feeling some kind of weird way.

Now I'm back and it feels like a step in the wrong direction. I laughed a way today at work and my coworker said something which reminded me of something a friend from EC once said about my laugh and I sort of spiraled? I missed him for a long time and couldn't imagine life without the dude, and I never really knew why we stopped chatting. Got over it mostly, but given the current fact that my friends are all gone-I'm back here. Fighting the urge to shoot this guy a message who probably doesn't care to catch up. I swear I am not usually this depressing-like HELLO I am a blast and a half lol. Just not for the next week, and not for the rest of the summer most likely. I want my friends to come back home and I want to move into my new place now. I love my family but I can't be around them as much as I am going to be for the next two months. So for the next two months, I'll just make the rounds here. Because why in the hell not? I'm anonymous to all except the Mods which is exactly why I came back here. Mostly.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

2. sublimeprincess

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome back to EC! It was nice to read that you've come so far from the person you were. It definitely sucks to be down for a bit but it seems like you understand it's mostly bc of isolation and such. You know, sometimes we, as people, get fixated on who we are around certain people, and it might be a good opportunity to get to know yourself when you're not around others. Do you ever write or meditate? Maybe try it out and really get to know yourself.

A book I really like is Get Out of Your Head and Into Your Life by Stephen Hayes; it has a pretty good guided meditation.

Either way, if this EC friend of yours was someone you had good talks, I'm sure it wouldn't be weird to talk again. That's what this online community is for! Haha <3