1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thank you, Empty Closets.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by huehue, Oct 1, 2018.

1. huehue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi guys.

You probably don't know me.But a few years ago I joined this website as a last resort, as I was unable to accept the fact that I was bi/gay.

Honestly, I feel like this forum is a godsend. It has been so helpful in non measurable ways.

It helped me understand that I wasn't alone in this struggle. I wasn't the only person struggling to accept their sexuality.
    I went from fearing what people may think of me being gay, to being out to everyone I know.

I'd love to thank all the members of this forum.

Many people don't realise,but even though there isn't lots of responses to every post, there is certainly a set of eyes reading your post in another spot in the world, thinking "that's exactly like my situation!".

I was in the closet, struggling to accept my sexuality, and in a very dark place. I feared losing all of my friendships, my family, and had some dark thoughts.

Now, I am out to my family, my friends ,and have completely accepted who I am.
    I've had a boyfriend for two years who is the love of my life, and I truly LOVE life. I am not ashamed of who I am anymore, and can proudly say this website probably got me to the situation I am in right now.

And if you are currently in a bad place, all I can say is...

Yes...You do struggle at times. You will most likely lose a relationship with someone.But in the end, you will only be surrounded by the people who truly love you, and you can get out of the 'closet' shell. And all I can say is, it feels great.

Thanks, Empty Closets.

2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's awesome to hear you're doing so well now! :slight_smile:

3. not2shabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Glad to hear you’re doing so well now! I’ve just recently joined but already feel so welcomed :slight_smile:

4. Forlong

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That’s soo awesome, happy you’re back and doing great. We appreciate your words it gives us hope so thank you :slight_smile:

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is always gratifying to hear that EC is helpful to people. One of the things that all of us who post have to remember is that, statistically, there are thousands more 'lurkers' reading EC, who never join or comment, than there are members. And that's one of the reasons that the post archives are so helpful. Even though a conversation may have happened years ago and is long forgotten by the people who asked and answered... every day, new people are finding those threads, reading them, and getting help from them.

Huehue, it would be awesome if you stuck around and helped others from your own experiences. That's one of the awesome things that really helps make EC the amazing community that it is.

In any case, good luck!

6. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So glad this site helped you. I know that having a community of like minded people can be a godsend.

7. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is so true. I lurked on here for years before joining. I always enjoyed reading about other people's experiences.

8. Majorelle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm new here, and I can't tell anyone how much this site has become like a second community and home to me. I'm really thankful for EC and I love the inspirational stories I've read and those were brave enough to post them.

9. Nightlight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Seeing someone happy like this makes me glad that I joined here. I used to read threads here a lot before joining. Then I joined so I could ask my own question. It's frustrating that I haven't figured out my answer for years, and I hope to come into some form of realization like yours. (Then feel fulfilled.)

#9 Nightlight, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018