1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thank You, EC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MatthewJS, Feb 19, 2016.

1. MatthewJS

I haven't been extremely active on this website in nearly 3 years (sometime after I came out) because I honestly thought I never needed the website anymore. And I still do think that. The reason why I'm making this post is so I can just thank Empty Closets for helping me come out to my family and friends.

Maybe some of you remember me, but I know a hella a lot of you don't even know me. But coming from someone that really needed help coming when I was a young teen, this website really helped me with nearly everything.

I just can't put my thanks into words. I never really was able to anything into words, but into actions. Cliche, I know.

If you are someone new to this website to come out, look for advice, or help to figure out your sexuality and/or gender identity, I highly recommend using this LGBTQ+ website. It really helped me and I know it helped many others.

To those that helped me, either in major situations or minor, thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you. I would never have gotten here if I didn't have any of your help.

Thank You.

- Matthew

(P.S. I am NOT deleting my account. :lol: :lol: I'll keep my account up, but I'll just be extremely inactive because I have twitter and YouTube now)

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nice to see you back, Matthew, and nice to hear that things are going well for you! Stick around! :slight_smile:

3. Iowan1976

I am going to echo MatthewJS.

I do not know where I would be without this community and website. When I found this website a few years back, I was at a spot in my life that was dark. I was alone; I was depressed. Now, I know that there is a community on here of people who have experienced the same emotions and feelings that I have gone through. It is what I needed to build my self-confidence.

Thank you EC :slight_smile: