1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Tennesse kills bill to ban child marriage, to support case against marriage equality.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Kira, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
  2. BlueNeon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hate the south. I'm so glad I didn't grow up there. I don't even ever want to visit because of how backward ass and ignorant it is. Not saying AZ is wonderful but I would much rather be here then be in a place like Mississippi or Tennessee for that matter .

4. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    This really shows you that Tennessee has a long way to go in terms of social progress. Tennessee is one of the most conservative states in the nation and it's in the Bible Belt, which makes it twice as bad for anyone who is different. It's sad to know that in 2018, there are still people trying to pass hateful legislation.

Just my thoughts on the issue.

5. Mali Mali

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't believe that they aren't doing everything they can to protect the children! Studies show that childhood marriage is terrible for children (do we even need studies to prove/realize that?).
    This is so horrible. And now the politicians can say they were "forced" to not end child marriage because they had to protect the straight people from gay marriage.
    I am so furious!
    Honestly, even though I think gay marriage is a human right and I am happy it is legal in more and more places, I think it is strange that almost no one seems to be aware of the fact that child marriage is legal in the US. How can we talk so much about who should be allowed to get married but not talk about who should not be allowed to get married until they are older?

6. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I've read about 10 year old girls getting married to men in their 20s. Such a shame! Chris Christie vetoed a bill to ban child marriage in New Jersey in 2017 and you have to wonder why?

#6 KyleD, Mar 29, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018