1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tempted to do/say something mean.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Devil Dave, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's these two guys who I have had feelings for, they are twins and both gay.

I worked with one brother for about a year and really liked him, but nothing ever happened. Then I met the second brother and something did happen, it was very brief, and it seemed like we might actually hit it off.

But they both went quiet on me. I would have liked to have just been a friend to either of them, but whenever I messaged them I got no reply. I was starting to feel like a pathetic, creepy little weirdo, sending messages that received no reply. So eventually I deleted their phone numbers and removed them from my social media. One of the brothers still follows my instagram page and has "liked" some of my posts. I sent him a direct message saying it's a shame he didn't stay in touch as I would like to have gotten to know him a little bit better, but he never replied. His face also pops up on some of the dating apps I use.

I am really feeling tempted to say something nasty to one or both of these brothers. Something along the lines of "please don't follow my instagram, I don't want to be reminded of some twat who couldn't be bothered to stay in touch with me."

They haven't actually said anything nasty to me, but I find being ignored far more insulting than having negative words spoken to me.

It is frustrating that I feel this way, because I'm not even interested in having a boyfriend. I know how to get sex from casual partners if I want it. There's just something in me that still feels something for these two brothers, like we could have had a beautiful friendship if they just took a chance on me. Now any admiration I had for them has turned to resentment.

Why could either of them just not have met up with me for one drink and chat? Or even a bit of online chat? Even straight guys find me interesting enough to meet up and chat with. Heck, I've even had more correspondence from actual celebrities on social media than either of these brothers.

So yeah, if you could talk me out of doing something mean and stupid, I'd appreciate it!

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my opinion, it wouldn't make a difference if you ended up saying something mean to one, or both of them. You'd still get no reply, and it'd be like watering a dead plant.

You did the right thing deleting their numbers from your phone and removing them from your social media. It seems like they are dangling a carrot in front of your nose to be honest. Just let them be. It's not worth it to try and get some sort of reaction out of them. Sometimes, hard and/or sad as it is, it's best to just let people go :wink: