1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tell Me Some Positives About Your Summer!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Taly, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most people that I know or talk to; on and offline, seem to be having a pretty rough summer... But for me? It's kind of the opposite. Sure there's been some crappy moments, but this summer has actually been one of my better summers. o:

So - I want to hear some good stuff. What are some positives about your summer? Any good news or happenings? Here are mine:

1) Actually got in touch with a few relatives that now live closer to us. (I never really associate with family outside my immediate; so this is big.)

2) My sister is coming from Florida back to near me and my family, so goodies there.

3) Just got my hair highlighted with copper/red coloring today. All is good there :slight_smile:

4) Bought some bling... I mean, jewelry. I'm growing appreciation for expressing myself through appearance now.

5) I actually haven't slacked at ALL on me working on my Sci-Fi/Fantasy book. I'm working on Chpt 6. and I only had the Prologue done at the beginning of the summer - I'm being productive!

6) Got my wisdom teeth out. Which sounds like a negative; but now I don't have to deal with the anticipation that I'll be going into surgery soon.

7) I started EC. :slight_smile: <3

8) Watched this progressive, beautiful show called Stevens Universe. :slight_smile: <3 I'm also awaiting season 2 of Rick and Morty which will come premiere next week or 2.

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  3. souverian

^ was going to say that, burst out laughing when I saw your comment

good start to this thread, 10/10

4. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First job!

5. Cider

Netflix for dayz

6. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, nothing particularly exciting happened but I did get the chance to see Jurassic World with my family and we went out to eat afterwards, that was really nice. We're also going to Barnes and Noble sometime this week and I'm SUPER excited about. I love that place, been there so many times but unfortunately the most I spend there is about an hour and a half. I'd love to just spend a whole day in there. So many books and it's just heaven for me.

7. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, like the OP, I joined EC. I've met a lot of people I can relate to here and a few folks on here that have really helped me view myself in a somewhat more accepting light. I'm definitely a lot more calm/comfortable regarding my future path of finding a partner and it seems like an actual possibility now. I know what my next few steps are, so I just need to take them and see how things develop from there. :slight_smile:

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This June, I ran my first half marathon in under two hours. I got 1:53:09. Then, a month later, I ran it in 1:52:13. This morning, I ran 16 miles in 2:20:02.

I'm also learning more about infosec. This morning, I started SQL injection immersion, which has been very rewarding so far.

~ Adrienne

9. Wallace N

Wallace N Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Summers are often the best part of the year for me, so it's interesting to find that it's a dismal time for most.

I enjoy vacationing and summer is the time I get to do that. I've already been to Yosemite, for backpacking and hiking, and I will be visiting Hawaii later on. I'm glad to have found this site, to have discovered a lot of new literature (I'm currently in the process of reading 5 books simultaneously), and the excellent weather has allowed me to spend more time doing outdoor photography.

Semper aestas.

10. Tzoa

That's great!! Are you doing Camp NaNoWriMo? I'm doing it this month but a week in I realized I didn't know where my story was going at all after the first chapter. I've figured it out a bit, but the going is slow. Good job on being so productive on your story!

As for my summer, it's going very well! I'm in my first relationship, and we're very happy together! I'm going to see her again next month when I head back to Philadelphia for school. Currently I'm home seeing my mom (which is great!) and I'm getting back into some old hobbies I didn't have time for while in school.

11. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nah, I haven't even heard of camp NaNoWriMo - Could you explain to me what it is exactly?

But now that I looked it up for a bit; it sounds really interesting - time to invest in some research - and thank you. :slight_smile:

And I'm glad you're in your first relationship - I'm sure all will go well. :grin:

#11 Taly, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2015
  12. ApexxShadow

I'm going to camp :grin:

13. The Wallflower

My whole summer was a huge hole that was dug up in my life and filled with bullsh*t.

It's been a terrible, terrible summer.

The best part? Today. Just today has been the best part: I got to see my friend after months of being apart, and we talked and talked... and saw Ant-Man.

Oh my gibblehobber. It was amazing.

I knew it wouldn't be crap! I knew it! The perfect blend of comedy and action. <3

14. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    College didn't outright kill me and collect insurance. I got some thinking about my life done though, making some positive changes as well. Wen't to Comic con and had fun this time. Passed a class that I was taking.

15. Posthuman666

Thats really cool! I am sorta kinda not really in the process of writing a book, but I keep getting really distracted. :dry:

Ive gotten way better at bass, came out to parents, started EC as well, listened to some great music, watched some great shows.

16. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hmmmm, ehh i'll just go say this. went to the park to work out, and i was about to go home until i saw this real great looking guy. so we passed each other and i happen to look back just to see that he was also doing the same. so I decided I give the "three seconds and he may be gay" theory into the test. I mastered up the courage to go and talk to him and man, we went talking to each other throughout the entire night until morning came, in the park with no one around but us. I was surprised to see how much we had in common and he seemed like an ideal guy that I would definitely consider dating. though he wasn't willing to do the same but hey, it's nice to dream right? i think that's the best thing that happened to me in the summer so far. i'm still smiling about it, so i hope to see more of this.

17. Tzoa

Thanks! :grin:

Camp NaNo is great! NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) is actually in November, but they set up Camp NaNo for people like me who think that writing 50,000 words in November is ridiculous. July and... I think April are the two months where they do Camp NaNo, and you can be in "camps" with other writers. You don't really compete with them, unless you want to. They're mostly there for moral support.

18. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ah and I see - and is this an online thing???

19. Tzoa

20. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok, wow - cool! :grin: Thanks for showing this to me:thumbsup: