1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teeth rattling in my sleep

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Dryad, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Quite often I wake up because my teeth rattle very hard in my sleep. Like when I'm extremely cold, but I'm not. It's a hot summer here. It happens more since I started antidepressants, but it has happened before. When I wake up for good, it stops, but if I try to fall back to sleep, it starts again. Today I bit a pillow to make it stop. Does anybody know why this happens? Thanks...

2. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You said it's happened before you started the medicine? While the medicine probably isn't causing it, the medicine might just be triggering it somehow, if that makes sense.

Do you have a regular GP? Do you have other pains at the same time? I'm not sure if it would be something maybe in your nervous system and would need a neurologist or what, but see what your general doctor says. And, I'd still run it by whoever's prescribing your antidepressant as well.

Or do you know if you grind or clench your teeth normally or at least in your sleep?

3. wickedwitch

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi:

I'd suggest you mention it to your physician as well.

If you can remember, even in general, the periods during which it happened, I'd suggest you write that down and take it with you so you can help your doctor determine whether it might be caused by medication or something else.

Cheers.