1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Teen comic on AGT jokes about Caitlyn Jenner

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by PlantSoul, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So you mailing your trump vote across the pond?

2. AmyBee

I like edgy humor and I can't stand Caitlyn Jenner in the least, but at the same time I think saying "Stop being offended" is a pretty glib response and not very realistic or even honest. Everyone has a hot button topic. And while I think you should be free to express yourself, that also includes blowback or consequences. It's kind of hard to accuse a teen of punching down for making fun of Caitlyn Jenner, but generally if someone is making fun of LGBTQIA peope they are doing that, expressing superiority over some of the most vulnerable people in society. Of course I'd rather someone told a joke at my expense than... you know... murdered me for existing. Anyway, say what you want but be wary of using the "It was just a joke!" or "It was just my opinion!" thing because other people have jokes about you and opinions about you that are just as valid and can be just as hurtful.

In short, make your jokes as you please then WATCH OUT.

#22 AmyBee, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  3. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But there are limits on your speech.
    There are limits all around you if you would just look. There are even limits on you in this forum.
    The argument isnt limited vs unlimited free speech. The argument is how damaging certain speech is.

I dont believe people have the right to be racist.
    I dont believe people have the right to picket ordinary peoples funerals.
    I dont believe people have the right to be homophobic or transphobic.
    And this is a subject for contention because? Because you believe that all 'opinions' are equal. You believe that a racist should be allowed to spew his vitriol in the faces of the people who die for the colour of their skin and that they should just stand there and 'refute' him? No. We do not squabble with racists in civilized society. We show them the swift and heavy hand of justice.

#23 Robert, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  4. AmyBee

I'm not necessarily saying anyone in this thread is doing this but in these discussions there usually seems to be this idea that opinions are somehow sacred and must be respected at all costs but that facts can be freely discarded or disregarded.

5. Glowing Eyes

I agree with this.

6. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If you don't find her funny, don't support her. That's all I can say. Mel Brooks was quoted recently as saying that now is the least funny time in history because of sensitivity and political correctness.

7. cibi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

This