1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoos

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SiKiHe, Jan 11, 2017.

1. SiKiHe

Sorry if there was an older thread for this, I couldn't find it.

How many tattoos do you have? What are they of? Do they have meaning? If you don't have tattoos are you planning to get some?

I have three tattoos so far. One is a green bow tie. It was the first one I got right when I turned 18. In highschool I dealt with self harm and worse depression and I used to draw the bow tie on my wrist everyday instead of hurting myself. So I got it on my upper arm as a reminder that I made it through the pain.
    My second tattoo is a tribute to Naughty Dog [a video game company]. It has a quote from Jak 2 ["For every age there is a time of trial"] written in the precursor language from those games, and symbols of their other IP's [The mask from Crash Bandicoot, Nathan Drake's ring from Uncharted, and Joels broken watch from The Last of Us]
    And my Third Tattoo is a thin lined celtic style cross on my forearm. I'm not religious anymore but I still feel strongly about the message of giving to others and being a light to them. It's also a reminder of my grandmother who passed away.

I plan to get more. I love the feeling of getting a tattoo. I'm planning to get a geometric style lion head on my other arm, along with maybe the symbols of the Platonic Solids. Work-in-progress.

2. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    #2 looking for me, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  3. Elysian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All the men in my father's family get the same tattoo when they turn 15. So I have my family motto over my heart.

4. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    None yet but I plan to have a few later on in life haha

I've always planned dragon wings on my back because dragons have been an integral part of my entire life, and the rest of my back done in scales, each one filled with something that means something to me, and probably something trans related idk

piercings are more my thing i suppose ahah

5. adrenaline

at this moment no, but i have a sketch of the one i want, which thematic is - the little prince ;s i promised myself that all my tattoos will be drew by me ;s so far working on it, but the tattoo mentioned (witth little prince) is done! ;s

6. hollie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I want a few tattoos I want a peace sign and a few others

7. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have none but I want some. Yet I'm not sure what I want. I mean, there was one picture that I was like "W..wow I'd...I'd be alright with that", but I'd need to ask the original artist if it was okay, since some people don't like having their art used as a tattoo.

8. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have four tattoos, and would reeeaaaalllllly love more, but my parents are opposed to tattoos, and they threatened to kick me out with the second to last one, and I cannot afford to be kicked out. They seem to be ok with my last one, a semicolon (suicide/depression/self-harm awareness).

All my tattoos have a special meaning to me.

The faith, love, hope tattoo (which many mistake for a nautical tattoo) is my promise to myself to not self-harm again, hence its placement on my arm - where I see it every day. Had it done on January 18th 2015.

The galloping horse on my left shoulder blade is obviously because of my love for horses. Had it done on my birthday in 2010.

The one on my ankle was actually a cover-up of a Chinese "dragon" symbol (Which is my Chinese astrology sign). I thought it was super cute, and I don't regret getting it done. Was done on August 20th 2016, touched up on October 5th and again on November 25th, which was also when I got my semicolon tattoo.

My next (big) tattoo that I want to have done is a Chinese dragon on my left arm, but it'll be a custom piece, as I want to incorporate hibiscus flowers into it to make it look a bit less butch. I know this sounds weird coming from a 28 year old, but I want to first get my parents' approval before I have it done. They will probably freak out about it, not because of WHAT I'm getting, but BECAUSE I'm thinking of getting it after knowing damn well how they feel about tattoos (They brought religion into it: "God created our bodies perfectly, we shouldn't ruin it by tattooing stuff onto it, no matter what your reasons are"). So yeah, wish me luck for convincing them after that comment, lol. :rolle:

Here's the dragon I was thinking of getting customised

Going to cost a ton of money, so will have to save up whilst gently convincing my parents, lol...

Attached Files:

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My first and currently only tattoo is of a triskele; being symbolic for me of the cycles of life being constant and ever changing.

I have a lot of stuff I want to feet done. The next I'm thinking will either be one of Trent's tattoos from Daria or twin crosses on my wrist or hand as my tribute to Jen and Sylvia Soska (American Mary, Hellevator) for encouraging me to follow my dreams as an artist and give me hope when shit has gotten dark recently.

Here's there logo. I know under it, I'd love to include "Never give up your dreams. You can do anything." includes somewhere--which is something they personally told me.

[​IMG]

#9 Daydreamer1, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  10. Embi

Embi Guest

I don't have any tattoos but I really want some. I just want to be sure that I really like them because I am quite volatile. And I also don't have the money right now.

One of my ideas is the equality symbol over my heart or on my wrist because I believe that everyone should be equal regardless of nationality, skin colour, sexuality, gender or religion.
    I also want at least one rune because the Shadowhunters universe is very important to me and when I read "The Mortal Instruments" it was the first time I came across bisexuality. I am currently in love with the Stamina rune:
    http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...na_Rune.png/revision/latest?cb=20151106192657

11. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A good way (I've found) for you to know that what you plan on getting permanently tattooed on your skin, will still be awesome to you for many years more, is to print out a picture of it (If available) and put it somewhere where you will see it every day (Like on your mirror). If you haven't gotten tired of it in a month or two, chances are you wouldn't get tired of it as a tattoo. Placement also plays a huge role. So while you are saving up cash to get it done (And your ideas sound awesome), you can print out the picture of it so long and make double sure you won't grow tired of it. And hey, cover-ups are always an option. So is laser tattoo removal. Though that hurts worse than getting the tattoo, or so I've seen on tv shows, and requires many sessions, especially on all black tattoos or tattoos with lots of detail. Not wanting to scare you though. Another way to know for certain that you will still like your tattoo when you're old(er), is to get one that has a special meaning to you. And please, NEVER get your lover's name or face tattooed on your body. If things don't work out, you will have deep regrets. It's different if it's your child's name though. Hope this helped. Happy inking! (*hug*)

12. Embi

Embi Guest

Thanks a lot, I'm going to try that (*hug*) And oh no, I would NEVER get a tattoo of my partner's name or face. I wouldn't even get a matching tattoo with my friends because I'm too afraid we will have a bad fight and the tattoo will always remind me of it. I'm very paranoid :lol:

13. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    4 at the moment. My first one is the logo from the business my mom owned, gotten on her birthday. Second is this thing my dad says that means 'I love you', gotten on his birthday. They're both on my back, because my parents always have my back and I am a cheeseball. I also have my family name and 3 forget-me-nots on my foot, representing my sibs and me and family in general. Because my family is with me every step of the way and I'm the literal definition of a sap. Latest one is only a third done so far and is a JRR Tolkien quote ("A single dream is worth more than a thousand realities.") in Japanese on my tricep. I'll be doing a Japanese red torii gate, a paper crane, and maple leaves on the rest of my upper arm probably sometime this year. On my arm because I made my dream come true through my own power.

I've got at least 2 others I'll absolutely be getting. Got my leg half-sleeve planned, but I don't know what I'm doing on my side yet. (Gonna have 2 half-sleeves on my left, can't be unbalanced, need something on my right!)

14. SiKiHe

Here's pics of mine. :grin:

Attached Files:

15. GarethNE

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I only have 1 which is a phoenix rising from the ashes. I do want more tho.

16. meistro

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    there's only one tattoo that I could think of that I probably wouldn't regret later down the line and that's my tribal symbol, i'm 1/4 native American of the Choctaw tribe[​IMG] I like the symbol but i'm not too crazy about the colors

---------- Post added 12th Jan 2017 at 09:47 AM ----------

that's the second time I posted an image and it wouldn't take, well I can't see it from my end...is it showing up to anyone else?

17. SiKiHe

I can't see it. maybe try attaching it as a file instead of linking?

18. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I honestly want so many. The first one I'll get is probably going to be the Blue Lantern Symbol; It represents Hope and Calm, two things that I am all about. The second will be "E pluribus unum." Which is, for those of you that don't know, unlike "In god we trust," the true motto of the United States and means “Out of many, one.” Not because I'm particularly patriotic, more because I like the meaning. As for my third, probably placed somewhere near "E pluribus unum." will be "Semper Vigilans," the motto of my home town, San Diego, which means "Ever Vigilant."

Attached Files:

19. GalaxyRiver

GalaxyRiver Guest

I have one tattoo of a flower that's black and gray with a crescent moon that goes through it that's blue. I got it for Friday the 13th cuz shops were having a deal. It has no meaning at all. I would like to get way more but before I do that I need to get some numbing cream cuz that sh*t hurt :lol: Although I did get it right above my knee.