1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoos?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Jun 7, 2012.

1. I have 3 tattoos at the moment, "Love" written in cursive on my left wrist. "Pride" on my right, and then a black and white rose with beautiful shading on my bicep which will eventually turn into a full piece. And I do plan on getting more. I put a lot of thought into what I want done on my body, it's not some spur of the moment thing for me. Mine all have meaning, and they're placed in such a way that gives it all much more meaning for me. I purposely put Love on my left wrist for 1. When I get married and wear my ring, it goes on the left hand. and 2) Every tattoo I get on the left part of my body represents what I love. The rose piece will eventually be a portrait piece of my dog. And same thing for the right side, it doesn't just represent Gay Pride, but pride in who I am. So call me crazy or whatever. But, I do think about what I'm doing with my ink. I think it's just another art form to be admired. I love the beauty of each tattoo a person has, some are fun, some are classy, it's just walking art. ^_^

Personally, I love guys with ink. And it allows you to explore their body in more ways than one. :wink:

I know a lot of people don't like tattoos, but I get them because I want them. And, if tattoos are the deal-breaker and what keeps me single. Then so be it. At least I'm doing what I want. And, I've heard the whole "What about when you're 40?" thing so many times. And I just say "If you still care what people think about you when you're 40, then you've got more issues than I do."

So, yup. It's funny. I know everyone has their preferences for people. But, considering people talk about "The personality and what's underneath" so many times. It's interesting to hear how many people jump the gun when it comes to people having tattoos. "Oh, no! They look so trashy, I would never date anyone with tattoos!"

A quote I heard before "The only difference between people with tattoos, and people without is: Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed."

2. Ianthe

Tattoos on the face might be difficult for me. But you know. Never say never. Not a deal breaker. (I don't have tattoos.)

3. squally89

I don't have any tattoos myself, and my knowledge of tattoo culture are quite limited to none at all.

The first thing that comes to my mind about tattoos is - bad boy/girl (my parents and no one in my family or friends have a tattoo - yes I come from a conservative background).
    Another association would be from the movies - "Woo you might be an adventurous person."

Aside from the unconscious judgement, I really have no problems with tattoos as long as it has a significant personal meaning not just something you thought would be "cool" or drunk you did to impress friends (ah me and judging again~)

Tattoos on arms, chest, back are fine. No face, or genital tattoos please. It doesn't sit well in my stomach, especially the latter one~

4. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Genital tattoos:eek: Do they actually exist

Anyways I have one tattoo on each arm and both are wolves. The designs I like but they artistic but as far as personal meaning to me. Not really... I sort of like lions, tigers and wolves so that's why I got them

I don't plan on get anymore though. (I didn't even think I'd get the ones I've got)

5. timo

I don't have any tattoos yet but I do want to get some in the future. Not sure what to get though, so I'll wait until I have it figured out :slight_smile: I love tattoos, as long as they're good quality and tattooed by a good artist.

Face tattoos are a turn off though.

6. GayJay

i love tattoos! Can't wait until i can get myself a sleeve.
    But yeah i would date someone with tattoos, but not to many. I think they look quite masculine and i tend to go for the more femme kind of girl. But even still they are attractive.

7. lilbitlost

Id like to get a tattoo, just the one, i want a tree running up the course of my back on one side with the branches and leaves splayed across one shoulder and back, but i suspect it would cost a fortune :frowning2:

8. Jakkur

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would definitely date someone with a tattoo, it doesn't bother me, I love them if they're creative and done well. I even want one myself but I'm too scared to get one! I want one on my wrist too which I hear is a painful place to get it done.

9. Silver Sparrow

I like tattoos as long as they are tasteful and well done. By tasteful, I mean not huge pieces, things that get done on a whim, or things that could not be permanent (i.e. relationship tattoos). If they are easy to cover when you want to (like for a work gathering), that would be a plus.
    I might get a tattoo, perhaps to suggest some of my problems and how I've overcome them. I kind of want a phoenix with some text incorporated into the design, either on my left arm or near my right hip. I'm not sure if I would get any other tattoos, or even that one, as the phoenix is a bit overdone.