1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoos and piercings

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Hexagon

What tattoos and piercings do you have, what ones do you want to get, and, most importantly, why did you get them? And what you you think of tattoos and piercings?

__

I have 8 piercings. Two lobe piercings in each ear, one cartilage piercing in the ear, two lip piercings and an eyebrow. I got the first pair of lobe piercings because I wanted to be like the "other" girls. I got the second pair of lobe piercings because I didn't like being like the "other" girls, and I got the cartilage piercing because I decided I liked piercings and it looked cool.

I got my snake bites for the dual purposes of pissing off my parents and having snake bites. Unfortunately, I eventually took them out because I was trying to avoid being murdered by my best friend's mother, and because I was trying to get into a school. Recently, (as in, six weeks and two days ago), I got them done again, and I also got my eyebrow done at the same time as the second lip. I got the new ones done because I like breaking gender stereotypes, because I like piercings, and because I want to reclaim my old punk/goth identity which I left behind when I transitioned.

Future: I may get a bridge piercing, and/or a septum piercing. I may get a couple of tattoos, I was thinking maybe an anarchy or feminism symbol on my back near my shoulder. I might also get tattoos to cover surgery scars. But thats later on when I have money and independence. I've also got a stretch kit for my ear lobe in the mail.

What about you, the rest of EC?

2. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have neither.

I just never had an interest in getting a tattoo or piercing, and it's likely better that way with the profession(s) I want to enter after college.

I think one or two on a guy is fine, but more than that...

3. timo

I like tattoos and piercings. I've probably posted this a 100 times already, but I've stretched my lobes to 6.5mm (2ga). Still in doubt whether I should stretch any further (to something like 10mm) or stay at 6.5. Probably keep it this way, I like how it looks and it'll probably grow back to normal if I ever take them out. And this size proved to be no problem when I got hired for an internship at a highly respected design studio. A bit bigger might be.

I also want to get either snake- or spiderbites because I like them and no one would care while I'm still in college. But I'm kinda out of money right now and I'll graduate and need to find a job in a bit over a year, would be a waste of money to take them out so soon.

Tattoos... I want something tattooed some day but I'm not sure what to get, and I won't get one without being absolutely certain I want it. I don't want to regret it when I'm older.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Got my right ear pierced in college. Back in the day, that was the "gay ear". Now, I don't know if that means anything anymore. I let the hole close up ages ago.

Never got a tattoo. I don't dislike them - I just don't trust that I'll get something I'll enjoy years from now. That said, I've contemplated getting the Air Pirates logo from Talespin on my ass for about twenty years now. The fact that I haven't changed my mind on that particular one means it's probably safe to get. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I had my lobes stretched to 5mm but took them out a while ago so my ears could heal back to normal. I have a helix piercing which I wear all the time, and a nose piercing (stud) I wear occasionally.

I don't think I want new piercings. Maybe another helix for my other ear, and a couple more ear piercings, but that would be about it. But I definitely want a tattoo in the future.

6. castle walls

I only have the usual ear piercings that a lot of women have. I got them pierced because I really wanted to wear earrings. I thought that it'd look great to match my earrings with my clothing

I don't have any tattoos. In the line of work I'm currently in, the only thing more piercings and tattoos will get me is to the unemployment line. I'm also transitioning into a different career path and that path is even less accepting of body art. I have nothing against people that have them but it isn't for me

7. King

King Guest

I have two lobe piercings. I put in plain black studs almost a year ago and haven't switched them out. Once I have kids I'll probably take them out and not wear earrings.

I'm considering getting my conch done, been considering it for a year now. The problem is that they take a while to heal, and I don't know if I have it in me to handle maintaining a piercing for the next year. It also depends on what sort of simple studs I can find for it, because once I have kids I'll want to either take it out or switch it to a plan stud.

I've considered tattoos but I doubt I'll get any. Maybe once I have kids. I know a girl who got a tattoo of her sons handprints, I'd consider doing something like that.

8. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    4 various ear piercings, going for two more on my left in a couple of weeks. I'm too poor for tats, but wouldn't mind a few, and definitely plan on getting a certain one when funds allow. My next piercing after this will probably be an industrial.

What do they mean to me? I don't know. I'm sure I could uncork a bottle of deep dark thoughts, and find the answer but I don't really feel like it today.

9. Goodnyte

I have my lobs pierced because my biological father forced me to gt it done with my half sister. I really don't wear my earrings unless it is a special occasion or I am feeling up to it. I had my cartilage pierced but my school made me take it out because of the piercing I had in there. Gang colors, they said. Whatever.

I want to get my tongue pierced. One because I like piercings, and two it is one of the few piercings I could pull off. I also think it would be cool and I like to rebel once in a while. It would be a rebellion to my parents if I got a tongue piercing. I am also thinking of an eyebrow piercing. I have just always wanted one.

As for tattoos, I have none. However, I do plan on getting a few. One of my shoulder blade of a Celtic knot oak tree. Trees often symbolize strength and i need a reminder of that. Also, Celtic knots are never ending. No beginning or ending. Eternity, Infinity.

I am also going to get an anchor and infinity sign tattoo. The one where the anchor is in the infinity sign. It will have the words, "sink or swim" under it. I think that is pretty self explanatory. It will go on my thumb or my wrist. Then on my other wrist I am getting the words "Te Amo" on it. It means "I love you". It is a friendship/sisterhood tattoo I am getting with my friend who I consider a sister.

10. Bolin

I don't have any piercings, and I don't plan to get one. I've been interested in getting a single ear pierced in the past, but I probably won't ever do it unless I'm under the influence of alcohol (and there's an almost impossible chance of that happening xD). Single or double ear piercings, I don't care for, but anything more than that or piercings on other parts of the body (eyebrows, tongues (especially those), lips, cheeks, nipples, etc.) are a real turn off to me. Tattoos are also a turn off. I can overlook a discreet tattoo, but if it's noticeable, it's a definite turn off. I just can't wrap my head around why someone would want to permanently draw on themselves, especially knowing that it'll fade with time or will probably morph into something completely different as they get up in age. xD I guess I just prefer the male in his natural form. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Hexagon

While on the subject, does anyone have any advice as to whether I should stretch one ear or both? I think I'll go for somewhere between 8-10mm if that helps.

12. Goodnyte

In my personal opinion, one ear stretched would look completely stupid. So, if you are going to stretch it, do both ears.

13. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've said this before, but I love tattoos. And I would like to get some, if I ever get over:

1. Not being terribly fond of needles. I suspect that won't be too bad.
    2. My fear of discrimination in job interviews. Although I suppose I can always cover them up.
    3. Pricey. Give me a yearly salary (another couple of years) before I feel comfortable dishing out cash for it.

I would love to get sleeves of some sort. No idea what to get, but some sort of compilation of images. And maybe have that connecting from my shoulders on to my back. And I'd do the throat area too but, job interviews...

As far as piercings, I've thought about just getting the standard one/lobe piercings. If I did, it'd be a daily toss-up as to whether I'd wear something simple, or something "nerdy" (say, Legend of Zelda earrings, I've thought of :lol:slight_smile:.

Although, ever since my sister suggested that I shouldn't wear what are supposedly "feminine" earrings, I've thought of doing that...to negate what I view as a very silly sentiment, shall I say. :thumbsup:

14. biggayguy

I had my left ear pierced in the lobe and in the cartiledge. They have closed up after I lost my earrings. I have a chess knight tattoo on my left forearm because I love playing chess. I also have a celtic cross tattoo on my upper left arm to symbolize my love for Christ. The process of getting tattoed felt like a really p.o.'ed mosquito biting me hundreds of times :eek: YMMV.

15. timo

I'd say both, but I like symmetry. A friend of mine has stretched only one ear (to 12mm I think) and to be honest it looks like something's missing.

16. Theodora

I love people with piercings and tattoos, though I prefer tattoos with thought put into them.

I want nipple piercings and I'm considering a tattoo of the Bahari mark of Lilith from Vampire the Masquerade. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. UndercoverGypsy

I just have the left ear lobe done (although the last time I got it done was the third time because my stud keeps falling out). I really want to get an industrial bar or maybe a lip piercing, though.

18. Hexagon

Have you tried getting an internally threaded one? Basically, it screws on so it won't keep falling out. More comfortable if you sleep with it in as well.

19. Fan of Tessen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't have either, only because I can't handle pain lol
    I like tattoos on other people... as long as its not covering their whole body... just a few is ok. I don't mind piercings either, but I really don't like the stretched lobe thing.... creeps me out...

20. UndercoverGypsy

Well, I have always slept with it in, and I'm pretty sure they've always been internally threaded. I switched to this sort of ring rather than a regular sort of stud, and it's working perfectly for me now!

Although I can't unscrew it because it's on so tight... :roflmao:

Not that I'd want to.