1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taller or Shorter?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, May 7, 2015.

?

Do you have a preference in height for a romantic partner?

1. Shorter.

19 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. Taller.

27 vote(s)
    24.3%
  3. About or actually the same.

37 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. No preference.

28 vote(s)
    25.2%
  1. Psaurus918

Same height as me or a little taller

2. Justinian20

I've always been a super short guy and I'm 5'7, I'd rather be taller though. Every guy is taller than me here (by here I mean Australia). So I'm definitely going to get a taller boyfriend. It's like short guys aren't an option here for me. But I'd prefer similar height just cause I worry about the tall guy having to bend over to just hug me.

3. White Knight

I said around my height but depending on my earlier partners.

Nowadays I don't look for something like that so not really concerned with it. Also heart wants what it wants... if you don't have a dwarfed heart you can share my bed, heart and life.

Hmm let's be honest thinking about it I am more concerned about weight than height. I am okay with everything but those stick people... I don't like people you can count their bones without an X-ray scan. So that is a bigger problem while taking first steps... if we are beyond first steps they would be putting some meat on those bones I tell you... I can cook and they will eat.:grin:

4. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am 5'10/'11. For guys, I prefer him to be taller. But for girls, I prefer her to be 2-3 inches shorter.

Im contented with my height, tho I still want to be a 6 footer. Its every Filipino's dream to be a 6 footer :lol:

But still... Personality > Physique

5. Eye Shine

I am tall as it is so I prefer a man about the same height. However, it isn't something I would be concerned about ultimately. Most people care about the personality first, but in regards to the appearance a cute face and decent, buff, or skinny body. It's just preference in that regard that matters to me.

6. Lyana

I've never dated a guy shorter than me, but a girl shorter than me doesn't bother me, so there's no reason it should with a guy. So taller, shorter, same height, I don't really care.
    My roommate's boyfriend is shorter than her, and although several people have commented on it, who cares?

As for my own height, I'm quite happy with it. I could live with being 5 cm (about 2 inches) taller, but not necessary.

7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've had great experiences with tall and short. For me, it's sometimes more about body type. I don't like thin and sinewy. I prefer sturdier. My height is about 5'10. I have recently decided that what looks to be 5'11" is ideal. I wouldn't even need to be a full 6' feet tall. I think that, because of literally seeing eye to eye, people around the same height will gravitate toward each other in many cases.

8. C P

C P

Ideally and hypothetically, I'd rather someone who's the same height as me, give or take an inch.

I don't really like being too much taller than someone myself and I also find taller guys to be...intimidating.

9. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think my preference is about the same or maybe a bit shorter. But actually it would be awesome if the girl would be a bit shorter...But with my 5'1 that's kinda difficult. So around the same is good, and a bit taller is also okay I guess.

10. Lazuri

I have a preference for petite women, so shorter, I suppose. It's not super important to me though.

I could probably stand being a bit shorter. I'm 180cm tall (have fun converting that) so I get very tall for a woman when I'm wearing high heels or platforms.

11. HugasaurusRex

I do not generally have a preference. But I would not want someone to be too much higher than me, I do not find standing on books to kiss someone fun.

I need a few more inches! It is seriously annoying when at work I need to get help due to not being able to reach what I need!

12. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Inches! Inches everywhere!!!
    I like to think I'm 167 cm and to be honest, I prefer taller!
    And I'm actually comfortable with my height, I totally rock it XD It's like a challenge, see, to find out what works for me. And it's fun.
    However I was pretty insecure about height in the past, it was the subject I was obsessed with. I'm so glad that phase is over.

13. TheStormInside

Oddly, because I'm so short it's sort of a part of my identity. Likely because it tends to be the first thing people notice about me, and how they would describe me. I'm 4'10, and the only person I've met shorter than me was a "little person." I'd rather have a partner who is on the average to shorter side just for simplicity's sake, but one of my biggest (pun intended :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) crushes was a girl over a head taller than me, so obviously height doesn't rule anything out :lol: .

I wouldn't mind being a few inches taller, but generally my height doesn't bother me. The only thing that gets awkward is when I'm in a tight area of people, trying to talk to someone face to face, and I am often simply towered over.

14. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I often find myself liking girls a bit shorter than me, but my current girlfriend is 5'11 to my 5'5.

15. lemons123

I am 180 cm which I think in American measures is considered "normally tall" but no idea of the exact height (5.9" probably). So...to summarize I'd prefer girl who is slightly shorter, say 5 cm or something. Basically anything between 168 and 182.

16. kem

kem

Taller would be ideal, but I'm fine either way. I'm 170cm (5'7"), slightly below, so it's not too hard to find someone taller :grin:

17. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 6'2"/188cm so anyone taller than me is probably a beast. I prefer shorter but might be impressed by someone the same height or taller hehe.

18. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 5'8" (172.5 cm) and I think my height is perfect. I'm tall enough to reach things without constantly having to ask other people for help, and I don't need heels, which is good because I'm not a huge fan of walking in them. :lol: I would prefer a guy who is 5'11 (180 cm) or taller, however it's not the most important thing, just a preference.

You're 5'11". :slight_smile:

19. tscott

I'm about 5'8" and I like guys that are shorter, but virtually any guy I've gone out with is my height or taller. I just find short a bit cuter and often sexier. Obviously it's not a prerequisite.

20. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I prefer taller women. It's so sexy to me. A woman 5'5'' and above is a YES in my book. ;D

I'm 5'2'', so it's pretty common for people to be taller than me. I used to dislike my height, but I think I'm beginning to like it. :grin: