1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T and medications

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GreenRaven, Aug 12, 2012.

1. GreenRaven

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about mixing T with the thryoid hormone replacement I'm on, Levothyroxine (also known as Levoxil or Synthroid). I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (basically my immune system is attacking and damaging my thyroid, so as a result I'm hypothyroid and have to be on synthetic hormones the rest of my life at a gradually increasing dosage). I don't know much about body chemistry so I was wondering if anyone else has it and is on T or knows anything about it.

Thanks
    GR

2. J Snow

Well i'm going to assume since you are asking us and not your doctor you are attempting to self-med. These are issues you really need to talk to a doctor about, which is why self-meding can be dangerous. I'm guessing that if a medical professional does come about they would advise you to see your own doctor instead of self-meding anyway. Sorry, I just think this is something you really shouldn't be messing around with by yourself especially considering your prior medication.

3. GreenRaven

I'm not self medicating T or anything, I just don't have any doctors I'm out to or any money to go see a doctor anyways to be able to ask even about mixing it with DHEA. I won't do anything without knowing side effects. I'm on a crapton of anti-depressants too so I know to be careful with mixing in new things

4. idk anything about t but i have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, here is a 'i hate it it sucks' (*hug*)

5. GreenRaven

thanks, yeah it does suck :/ but at least they caught it early on unlike my grandma who i inherited it from, she had to get her whole thyroid removed. when i told her i was diagnosed with it she kept apologizing to me XD i was like "it's not your fault grandma! it's ok!"

thanks for the (*hug*)

6. shy

shy

As a chemist (and one who often self-medicates a lot :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) I can say: if you don't know else for sure, it always is dangerous, especially with hormones. Have you tried asking this question in the health and medical support section on EC? That's probably the safest thing to get a propper answer.

7. GreenRaven

hmmm...good idea. (i occasionally have a lapse in intelligence...lol) thanks!