1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Symptoms of a concussion?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Spot, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hit my head hard, like harder than I’ve ever hit it before. It was against my car, kind of hard to explain how it happened. I don’t even really know. I hit my right cheek on the inside of my car door as I tried to get into my car and then I like jerked back and smacked the left side of my head against my car. Does that make sense? There was a really loud sound although it didn’t initially hurt that much. But I noticed that the hearing in my left ear went weird and it’s still like that, like I’m underwater or something. Like I can’t hear out of it too well, although I can still hear. I’m sore now though. My head hurts…not so much where I got hit but more in my temples and where my forehead is, that whole area. And my eyes hurt, where my eyelids are. They feel really sensitive to light and my ears are really sensitive too. More like if I hear a loud sound I get shooting pain through my head. And I have bad pain in my neck, that could’ve been because of how I jerked back. I’ve never had neck pain like this though. I’ve been feeling a bit woozy and sluggish and nauseous but I know it’s not as bad as it could be. I have been feeling a lot of weird pressure in my head, my ears, my sinuses, my eyes, my neck and jaw basically everywhere lol. I’ve just been feeling out of sorts. I feel like my processing is slower than usual and I’m slightly disoriented. My walking been a bit wobbly but I’m mostly okay. I mean, obviously I’m okay enough to write this post. If I didn’t have autocorrect I don’t know how well I would do. I’ve taken some painkillers but it’s still hurting. I got hit like seven hours ago too.

I’m a little freaked out because I’ve never had symptoms like this after hitting my head. So do I have a concussion like do I need to go see a doctor or what am I really supposed to do? I’m worried I’m going to start feeling worse because I already feel pretty awful and I don’t want to be bedridden by tomorrow. I’m going to sleep and probably get an ice pack even though it’s the first day of winter and I’m freezing.

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should go to a doctor. It's impossible to give precise diagnosis over the internet. It may be nothing serious, but it may also require medical assistance. Only a doctor will be able to precisely analyze you and the symptoms you are feeling.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I totally agree with the above you have to get it checked out. Hopefully it will be nothing but better to be safe.