1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switching Clothing

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AdamTheWinner, Oct 2, 2021.

1. AdamTheWinner

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Right now I'm stuck in a loop of wearing masculine clothes at college and feminine when I'm hanging out with my family. At college, no one cares. But my family probably would because someone would say "hey, that's a men's shirt and/or pants, why are you wearing that?" It's very difficult to handle emotionally because I cannot come up with any response that would not lead to a difficult conversation. Any tips on how to handle wearing more feminine clothing with my family?

2. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you can say, that you like that style or these clothes are so comfortable and that's why you are wearing it. This is usually the excuse I make. Even, when they say short hair don't suit you, then I say I just like it. And usually they leave me alone after answering like that.

LaurenSkye likes this.
  3. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've no tips except maybe wearing gradually more male clothes by stealth.

I'm in a similar position in that for the moment I have to present as male when I'm working, and in a number of situations with certain friends I'm not out to and acquaintances. I would dearly love to paint my nails or wear make up in those scenarios but, you know, that would result in an uncomfortable conversation I'm not ready for with those people just yet..

Beth