1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sup guysss

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Laplacian, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Laplacian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello, I'm a 20 year old closeted lesbian hailing from Adelaide (South Australia). It's nice to be here - I joined because I've been looking for an online LGBT+ community as I do not know any other same-sex attracted people in real life. So, I'm pretty much looking for like-minded people to talk with, hopefully make a few friends...

I'm studying undergraduate astrophysics at university at the moment. My other interests include gaming (especially rpgs), reading, and most other types of physics. Long term obsessions include Stargate, Star Trek, Tripod (Australian band), Doctor Who, Banjo Tooie, Zelda, TES Oblivion & Morrowind, Tower of God (manhwa), Fablehaven... Currently obsessed with Jessica Jones and Kingdoms of Amalur.

So, I hope to make some friends on here, hello again!

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Laplacian! Welcome to EC!:slight_smile:

As a fellow Physicist and wannabe Astrophysicist, I have to ask if you feel like you'd just prefer to hang out at the L3....:smile:

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Laplacian....Hello and welcome to empty closets! Wow...Australia...I'd love to visit there someday. Hey this is a great place to make friends and to explore LGBTQ topics and questions. We do our best to help whenever we can with an open ear or a shoulder if you should happen to need one. So glad you're here...have a great week!
    .....David

4. Laplacian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    How did you know where I hid my secret base?:sweat_smile: You should totally join the astrophysicist tribe (dark side), we have cake! And you can have access to the secret base, too.

Thanks for the warm welcome!!! Glad to be here!

5. Keith857

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Laplacian, Welcome to Empty Closets.

Quick question, Is it true that everything is trying to kill you in Australia?
    (joke)

6. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome, Laplacian! It's nice to meet you.

7. Laplacian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello, thanks! Well right now my kitten seems to be, and last night I had quite a few spiders descending upon my head whilst I was trying to type.. So I'm feeling pretty attacked right now, yeah! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: We do have some beautiful beaches to balance out the violence, though... :wink: If you can avoid the drop bears.

Thanks! Nice to meet you as well, I think.. Your profile picture makes your welcome seem quite nefarious... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lol! I get that alot. I don't bite, I promise.

9. Laplacian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel like I'd be better off on the dark side, anyway!

10. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I mean, we DO have cookies...

11. Laplacian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm sold.

12. BlueNeon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome to EC! You've definitely come to the right place to find friendly people to chat with. I've enjoyed my time here so far, and I bet you will too. I'm always up for a conversation, since I'm also trying to meet new people. :relaxed:

I guess now is as good a time as any to mention that I will probably never come to Australia. You've just described one of my personal nightmares. We can chat here, maybe we'll even become good online friends, but there is no way I'm visiting someplace where spiders feel free to drop on my head in groups. :stuck_out_tongue:

13. Laplacian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello and thanks! Is your profile picture referencing a certain game, or do you just like butterflies? : P

Yeah I really don't do well with spiders either, there's a lot of fear involved with living here if you can't deal with spiders! ;~; I always have a can of fly spray near me.. :sweat_smile: I would love to chat on here, and I totally don't blame you for keeping your distance! :grinning:

14. BlueNeon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I do like butterflies, but my profile picture was something I picked because of a dream I had once. I can't remember a lot of details about it, except there was a really pretty butterfly made of blue neon light that nobody could catch. It kind of became my personal symbol of beauty and freedom, and when I found this picture, I knew I had to use it.

What about your profile picture? Is it a reference to anything in particular?

15. Laplacian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That's a very beautiful story behind your profile picture! I don't know if you get a lot of people saying this to you, but I thought at first that it was a reference to Life is Strange. One of the main characters (who is a lesbian coincidentally) is represented by a (morpho) butterfly exactly like the one in your profile.

Mine is Jen, the protagonist of the ps2 game 'Primal'. I grew up with the game, and looking back it was just so awesome to have such a kickass female character to play. I really enjoyed that game, shame it's so underrated.

16. BlueNeon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did not know that there were any video games that included any type of LGBT characters. I was never allowed to play video games, so I don't really know anything about them. It's a pretty neat coincidence that my symbol was used in a game with a lesbian main character.

Your forum picture looks really cool. She does look like a kickass female character, and I do like that shade of green that's featured in the picture. Not exactly the most insightful observation, I know, but still, it's a really neat color.

I went ahead and followed you on this site. You seem pretty friendly and interesting, so I'm sure you'll be finding plenty of friends around here in no time. :slight_smile:

17. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LOL! It's too late for me now. I tried to come over to the Astrophysicist tribe about two decades ago, but other circumstances intervened. Now I don't have the (dark) energy to make the change and, I guess, in the longrun, it just doesn't really (dark) matter anymore.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grin:
    Still, I follow a lot of the latest developments in the field because my interest has never gone away!

18. DCSC

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey @Laplacian, welcome!

I'm fairly new here too, but have found it very friendly and helpful so far and I'm sure you will too.

Woah Banjo Tooie! Haven't heard about that game in a long time! Also a big fan of the Zelda games but not had the opportunity to play the new stuff, more the classics like OOT, MM and WW. Played Life is Strange before Christmas, I loved it. Got Before the Storm downloaded and ready to go but not had the chance to get into it yet (mainly because I got Witcher 3 last September and am wading through its vastness very, very slowly haha).

I'm working my way through Jessica Jones S2 at the moment, I'm not as hooked as I was during S1?! I'll stick with it though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. Laplacian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    There are plenty, especially the more story-driven games. :slight_smile: For example in the game Stardew Valley you can choose to marry any of the available characters regardless of your or their gender which was really nice!

Thanks, I love the green as well - it's my favourite colour if you don't accept 'rainbow' as an answer :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. It's the colour associated with her first transformation - she also has a blue, green, and orange for her other forms which are all pretty awesome as well.

That's very nice of you, I hope you're right! :smile:

*groans at all the puns*:tired_face: (I liked them deep down I can't deny it)
    What field are you in now? Have you got a job in research? That's what I'm aiming for, I'd love to do that. I've got my foot into the door of high energy astro at the moment, though if the job prospects weren't so overwhelmingly dreadful I'd love to go into quantum mechanics (QCD probably) instead.

Banjo Tooie never ceases to entertain me regardless of how much I play it! :grin: Same here with Zelda, I don't own any of the new consoles so the latest I've played are the DS games (Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks). My fav is probably either MM or PH. OOT will always be special though, I remember my sister and I used to just ride to Lon Lon Ranch and roleplay with each other living on the Ranch! Haha! We were terrified of night time Hyrule Field!

I absolutely love LiS as well, and the lesbian/bi rep was so pleasantly surprising and such a nice bonus to what was already a fantastic game. I enjoyed BtS as well though no where near as much. To be honest, the only thing I really enjoyed out of the game was the relationship between Chloe and Rachel, I didn't really get that much out of other aspects of the story.

Aww I'm envious of you having Witcher 3! I ALMOST bought it when it was on sale on Steam a few weeks back, but I chose to buy A Hat in Time instead (which was damn awesome and I don't regret it). I am definitely on the look out for another chance to buy it! You enjoying it? I was watching Anthony Rapp's streams of it which was very fun.

I just started S2 of Jessica Jones! Wow season 1 was amazing. David Tennant's performance was especially spectacular as always.

20. DCSC

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I used to watch my brother play OOT as a kid amongst many other games, I guess that's how I got into gaming. Oh my GOD Hyrule Field at night WAS terrifying! I'm glad I wasn't the only one haha, I used to shit myself when a Stalchild came up from the ground :joy:

I got the GoTY edition of Witcher 3 so it has all the DLCs. The game is MASSIVE and I was a bit overwhelmed at first, but I soon got into it. It's the type of game where you don't even notice that hours and hours pass by. I'm a huge fan of Fallout and Skyrim too, have you played them? I'll have to look into A Hat in Time, sounds interesting based on the title...

I'm literally sat in front of the TV right now with Jessica Jones on, episode 7!

#20 DCSC, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018