1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggest something emo?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Spot, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey :grin: So I live in Australia but I'm traveling to New Zealand in three days. This is going to take a long time. About six hours in the car, driving to the nearest international airport and then three and a half hours in the plane. I already have some books as well as movies but I'd really like to have music on my iPhone too. This is also to try and fight off homesickness, I get homesick so easily (and I hate flights) and I'm away from home for six days so the music will be something familiar if I'm feeling anxious. I'm excited to go to New Zealand but the whole process of getting there triggers a lot of my phobias.

A lot of people make fun of me for this but I love basically any band considered emo. I only have about 87 songs on my iPhone but that's really limited to a few bands. I feel like I've overplayed some of the songs and whilst I'm still happy to take them with me, I'd really like some new ones as well. I won't say every individual song because that'd take too long but off the top of my head, I remember having My Chemical Romance, frnkiero andthe cellabration, Panic! At The Disco, 30 Seconds To Mars, Paramore, Fall Out Boy, Taking Back Sunday, Brand New...I think that's actually all I can remember right now. I have other bands which are a sort of gray area for me, I wouldn't consider them emo but closely related (Bright Eyes, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, Green Day, some blink-182). I don't know if anyone here is actually into the whole emo subculture or just the music itself. So, I was wondering if anyone had any bands or preferably songs to suggest...and they can be songs by the bands I've listed. I don't mind because with I'm new to some bands on the list. And I don't mind if they're a little heavier or...lighter(?) than what I've already said. I think that's about it, thanks for reading :heart:

2. Alexis17

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey there!
    I listen to most of the bands you mentioned. Here are a few other bands that I listen to and some of my favourite songs by them.
    Pierce The Veil: King for a Day, Caraphernelia, Hold on Till May, Bulls in the Bronx, Today I Saw the Whole World, Song For Isabelle.
    Neck Deep: Gold Steps, In Bloom, Happy Judgement Day, Can't Kick Up the Roots.
    Motionless in White: 570, Reincarnate, The Divine Infection, Rats, Loud (Fuck It), Soft, Eternally Yours.
    PVRIS: What's Wrong, Holy, Fire, St Patrick, White Noise, Heaven, My House, Winter.
    Twenty One Pilots: Holding On To You, Guns For Hands, Car Radio, Kitchen Sink, Glowing Eyes, Clear, Anathema.
    Bring Me the Horizon: Blessed With a Curse, It Never Ends, Chelsea Smile, Throne, Crooked Young, Shadow Moses.
    Gerard Way: Don't Try, How it's Going to Be, Drugstore Perfume.
    Hawthorne Heights: Nike FM, Pens and Needles, Ohio is for Lovers.
    Those are just a few of the bands that I listen to, if you want more just hit me up. I hope this helped. Good luck with your trip! :slight_smile:

3. Blackangel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could always just play around on YouTube. They have virtually every song ever recorded on their site.

And if you would be interested in a bit of heavier stuff, I fully recommend Disturbed. They are general metal, but my absolute favorite band.

I don't know a whole lot about the emo culture, so I may not be of any of the slightest help here. Is Skinny Puppy an emo band? I've heard of them, but nothing by them.

Or you could check out a lot of 80's rock. Music achieved perfection in 1986. It's a scientific fact.

4. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much, Alexis17. Some of those were really good, especially the Pierce The Veil songs. I'd heard of them before but never really listened to them :grin: And thank you, Jennifer M! I don't know Skinny Puppy but I'll listen to some of their songs later. I do know a lot of 80s rock, I listen to it sometimes but it's just not my favorite genre, haha.

5. Alexis17

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's no problem at all Spot! I'm glad I could help. If you ever need some more PTV recommendations then just hit me up. I love those guys :grinning:

6. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    AFI's album DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is considered to be in the emo genre. Also there is the band Sleeping with Sirens.