1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Push, Nov 24, 2018.

?

Thoughts?

1. Comments?

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Ideas?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Push

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I feel stuck in life. I’m 23 year old man. Who is coming to the conclusion that I might just be gay. I’m stuck cause I feel this immense loneliness. I just feel I have no one. No one to vent to. No one to listen to my shit. My feelings. My group of friends I talk too since I’ve been a kid never ever ask me how I’m doing, granted I always shrug off people who try to get close to me. So technically that’s my fault. Ive always maintained this persona of being an asshole/dick that when people who might be interested in my emotional well-being me are either afraid to ask me how I’m doing or assume I’m fine. I’ve always just been so weary of trusting anyone. And I just feel this loneliness kinda consume me. Leaving me stuck and shit. I don’t know what to do. Or how to process anything. Just overwhelmed.

2. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm older at 43 and came out this year. Since coming out my world has opened up. Emotionally I'm more open and people talk more openly to me. No longer a closed book. It's not easy but I'm happier and more care free.
    If you decide to come out you will feel better in the long run. You then need to embrace your sexuality. I've not done the dating apps but instead joined LGBT groups, I have four new friends since September so there is hope. You will feel more in control of your life and empowered but do it when your ready. Once your out to a couple of people it gets easier.
    Rade/Jon x

Love4Ever likes this.
  3. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi there. Emotional vulnerability comes harder to some people than others. Particularly when you have been given plenty of opportunities to trust people and they have let you down. I don't necessarily struggle with trust as much, but I do have plenty of my own issues and one of them is that I feel little understood by people and fear if people knew me for who I was they wouldn't love me anymore. I don't have problems opening up, but I tend to run when things start to escalate because I get scared. Scared I don't have what it takes to be what the person deserves. From what I have read here from your posts you seem like an insightful, thoughtful person. You just need to let other people see that. We both have to learn to work on letting yourselves just be.

Push likes this.
  4. Push

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Appreciate some words of kindness thanks even from strangers. I just feel fucking lost. Like I don’t even recognize myself.

Love4Ever likes this.
  5. Push

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sorry for sounding like I’m complaining honestly just thought I try something. Never done these forum posts. Or share anything about myself

Love4Ever likes this.
  6. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We might be strangers now but if you stick with the forum for a bit, you will make some great online friends who will happily support you. Alot of us have been in your position, I just left my wife after 20 years.....this place saved my sanity....
    Hang on in here....

Love4Ever likes this.
  7. Push

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks man. I’m not sure if any of this will help. Not really used to having support so thanks

Love4Ever likes this.
  8. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes please stay! I have made some wonderful friends here. I would be happy to be your friend.