1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck in a rut..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RaeofLite, Dec 22, 2011.

1. RaeofLite

I'm really stressing out here. I'm doing a practicum in college so I wake up every morning at 5am, to go to my practicum, no matter if I've slept well or not, and go. I haven't been sleeping well--either having trouble falling asleep, sleeping too long, or waking throughout the night..

I am sure I have Seasonal Affective Disorder, though I struggle with depression almost all of the year anyway. I have met a new woman and I am having trouble finding the passion. I like her. She is funny, cute, and smart. However, I feel like I have no passion or energy for anything other than me. I fake being normal every day. I smile, laugh and joke like the rest of them, but it's all so superficial. I feel like bursting into tears. I'm not even excited for Christmas.. I have had dark thoughts but I try not to think about them. I feel like sleeping until spring, even though I manage to force myself out of bed every morning.. I have been eating nonstop, gaining weight as a result. I haven't been drinking so that has nothing to do with it. My sex drive has taken quite a dive. My roommates have noticed two weeks ago that I slept a lot and haven't talked to them much. I brushed it off and learned to hide it better.

How am I going to have time for her? I need advice on what to do..

#1 RaeofLite, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  2. MommaFrog

I totally know that feeling

3. Mogget

You probably have some form of depression, it could be SAD, or it could be made worse by SAD. The good news is that depression is very treatable. If you have SAD, there are lightbulbs made that simulate sunlight that are very effective for a lot of people. They are a bit pricey, but I think that many people find them very much worth it. Depression itself is usually best treated with therapy. Chances are that your college offers either free or reduced rate therapy, and I would encourage you to look into that.

4. Eli

Eli Guest

With regards to this new lady, I would tell her essentially what you posted: that you like her, and think she's funny and charming, and maybe would she like to meet up for coffee? But I would also explain about SAD, and how, although you really like her, that's making it difficult to express.
    I also agree with the above comment about looking into treatment for depression, and if you can afford them, those lightbulbs also sound like a good investment.