1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

struggling with gender identity

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Ashhh, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Ashhh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hey, i just found out about this place!!

to put it simply, ive been having gender troubles for quite a while, but i had repressed it for near 2 years and while im finally coming to terms with it again, im still a little confused...basically, im unsure if im a demiboy or just a trans guy, one thing i KNOW is that im definitely not cis, i see myself as a man, i want a male body shfsidfdsf, but i keep worrying if im valid or not since i rather present myself as a kinda feminine guy. Both male and demiboy sorta feel like the suit me, I just wish i wasnt confused lmao.

Are having doubts normal? and am i even valid for seeing myself as a guy but not wanting too be super masculine? i prefer calling myself a "boy" rather than a man, though i think thats still cause i sorta see myself as a child, i deadass feel like theres something really wrong with me, it doesnt help i have to keep kinda quiet about it as my mother is transphobic

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Doubts are very common, and it doesn’t help to live in an unsupportive home or community. There’s also a book you may want to take a look at regarding doubts called, “You and Your Gender Identity: A Guide to Discovery” by Dara Hoffman-Fox.

Touching on masculinity, not all guys are super masculine, or even masculine all the time. There’s nothing wrong with breaking gender roles and norms, either.

You’re no less of a man just because your feminine. I think women and afab people are given a lot more freedom to express themselves as masculine rather than men as feminine.

Ashhh likes this.
  3. Ashhh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    aaa thank you so much, i really needed to hear this, ill definitely look into that book, its just very stressful being confused though i wouldnt be so stressed if my mother was supportive, i suppose i had convinced myself i had to be super masculine to be valid, but youre right, that and while i am dysphoric, im not as dysphoric as some of my other trans friends and i felt like that invalidated me, but thank you a lot again!!!