1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Struggling with Gender Identity...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MusicIsLife, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    Katherine wants to see said awesome toilet. I'm so joining this club. :lol:

2. RaeofLite

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv-CU_XfwgM&feature=sub[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok88iBpH7uo[/YOUTUBE]

Just be you. :slight_smile:

3. Astaroth

I'm a big fan of the beavers. Lol, that sounded so ironic. The beavers, for those who don't watch youtube much, are a group of lesbians (and maybe bisexual girls?) who make videos together about sexuality and pride, and this girl is one of them. She also has a fantastic coming out video that's like 30 minutes long where she and her mother discuss her coming out as a lesbian, by the way.

I also hereby coin the term "bigender" to go with bisexual. (!)

4. RaeofLite

Me too. :slight_smile: They're so positive and informative. The coming out video helped me come out too.

5. CrystalCat

This thread is beyond amazing. I've been realizing that i'm genderqueer ever since i saw a logo documentary about it called gender rebel. And its nice to know that others feel that way as well.

6. Melissa

I know I am kind of late to this party but... All the responses to this topic brought me to tears. I am struggling with exactly the same gender identity issues. I always thought I was just weird. I don't really have anything to add, or anything substantial to say (not that I ever really do.) Nevertheless, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for this discussion and for letting me know I am not alone.

7. mischa91

I'd never really considered a gender identity issue before i came here, but reading what you all have written sounds exactly like what i'm feeling. Without the information i couldn't get it straight in me head that what i was feeling had a name.

I never identified as transgendered, i don't feel like a guy in a girls body but i also don't feel particularly girly. My mam is always trying to make me more feminine, to wear make up and pretty clothes but i just don't feel right like that; i like wearing comfy clothes, pants and tshirts.

Outwardly i'm a girl but in my head i'm more floating around the middle. Thank you for discussing this topic and making me more aware.

8. BlasttheCloset

Thank you so much for explaining this! I had felt so weird about all of it that I hadn't wanted to even bring it up on EC, but I was thrilled to see all of the response and support on this thread. It seems kind of strange that so many of use feel this way but we still all felt so alone, like there wasn't anyone else with these types of questions and feelings.

I am so happy to have EC and to not feel like a weirdo! (*hug*)

9. Andromeda

Andromeda Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel like that

I can't describe it though since it's been pretty much describe. But I feel like my happiness depends on my gender, then it goes away.

It's a sucky feeling you know. I'm okay with my body, but I sometimes want to look like a woman. No, to be a woman. Then it goes away, but I never want to be a guy like a guy guy. I'm a guy. But if I was a woman, I don't think I would want to be a guy.

10. Absentminded

I've been dealing with this for quite some time. I didn't realize more people felt like this, especially on EC! I've come to terms with it more and more. I'm at the point where I just tell people I'm genderqueer, and I don't really care what pronoun one puts to me. I've been finding it more and more normal to refer to myself as a girl one day, and then get addressed as a guy and be like 'ohkay..cool'. It doesn't bother me.