1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Struggling with finding a boyfriend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by thexboxguy, Oct 20, 2017.

1. thexboxguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hi everybody, I'm a 25 year old gay guy and I've been having a hard time finding a boyfriend. Actually, I have never had one because all the good looking guys I’ve been interested in always turned out to be straight or simply not interested. However, when I’m at places like workplace, the gym or if I’m walking down the street or at the movie theater and see a good looking guy I like, I usually try to show interest by smiling and looking at him, not to the point of staring because I know that would make anyone feel uncomfortable. On the other hand, it seems to me that I’ll end up being alone since no one ever notices, glances or looks at me, which is frustrating. I’m not really sure if it’s due to the fact that I’m not even out. I consider myself good looking because lots of people have said that to me but sometimes I think I'm not good looking enough, as nobody has come and talked to me so far. Currently I don't have any friends and I lost touch with the few ones I had in university, they were straight, though. Whereas, I haven't met anyone since I finished the university, which was in 2014.

Since I'm not into gay websites like A4A, ###### or Adam4Adam, I have no idea how I'm supposed to meet someone in order to start any kind of relationship, I mean, it could be a friendship and not necessarily a relationship.

So How can I get attention from good looking guys as a gay guy myself?

Would it be Ok with you if you let me know how good or bad my english is?

it isn't really my native language, though.

2. kayaz

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't have any good advice for you because I'm not great at the whole 'dating' thing (actually never had an SO). But I read this and wanted to tell you that your doing really good with english. It's super confusing even as a native speaker and i wanted to tell you that you're doing awesome.

3. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, first, those are two very raunchy website and potentially dangerous websites that I would not really advise the use of.

As for finding out if guys are interested maybe try actually walking up to and talking with one you find cute if they are sitting on a bench or something? Maybe go to a gay bar type place on your area?