1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

String of questioning your sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by logansarah, Jul 31, 2016.

1. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hm, as for me, I'm not sure. But it's normal for a non-heterosexual person to go through more than one label in questioning their orientation, so there's no need to feel that way. Even so, I think it is common to be upset about it.

2. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    straight --> bisexual --> gay demisexual

I don't think it makes me feel sad not knowing for sure. I mean, yeah, I wish they're could have been no question about it, but hey...better to deal with something that has been plaguing your mind than to deal with it later. But I wouldn't say it made me feel sad and it definitely did NOT make me feel like a freak.

3. ghostly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    straight --> bi --> pan --> aro/ace --> bi --> gay/lesbian

4. YeeBoady

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This ^ sounds exactly like my life in a nutshell o.0. I constantly tried to force myself to think that I was straight, but my mind always knew I was lying to it.

5. Chloenatalie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Straight to bi then gay

6. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I feel pretty frustrated and like nothing about my experience is valid, yes.

7. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've bounced back and forth on both gender and orientation.

I'm a guy inside, no, a girl, no, a guy etc

I'm straight, no, I'm bi, nope, I'm straight. I think the only thing I know of sure is I'm not gay. I've only ever bounced between straight and bi, but I'm sure I'm not 100% into girls, so yeah.

Bigender and Bisexual seems to fit me.

8. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Straight- bi-curious- bisexual- questioning- lesbian- and now I'm going through a *cough* fun *sarcasm cough* string of sometimes feeling I'm in denial of being gay, and sometimes feeling like I'm in denial of being of Bi. I'm not sure, all I know is that I like women and I'm definitely not straight.

:bang:

Why have you got to be so confusing, mind? WHY?

#28 Canterpiece, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  9. DragonOfNarnia

Ages 9 to 12: I knew I liked girls but I didn't know the significance of it
    Ages 12 to 15: Started questioning myself...
    Ages 15 to 18: I thought I was bi
    Ages 18 to 19 (current): I feel that I'm much closer to the lesbian end of of the spectrum than the bi part of the spectrum. My attraction to girls is very intense, both physically and emotionally. Whereas for guys, it tends to be aesthetic attraction or just admiring them for being badass. Therefore I'm 90% sure I'm gay.

---------- Post added 5th Aug 2016 at 01:09 AM ----------

Just like Canterpiece, the one thing I'm 100% certain about is that I like girls and I'm definitely not heterosexual.

10. ffiggtree

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    my earliest real crushes were on girls, so - untainted at the age of nine by thoughts that being gay is wrong - I said to myself "oh! I'm a lesbian!" but then for seven years I managed to tell myself I was straight simply because being gay was not a perceivable option. I grew up with a very narrow, arrogant mindset of how I should act, think, dress etc. and homosexuality didn't align with that stupid ideal so I easily dispensed with it, thanks to my self-deluding superpowers. I had no real male crushes during this time (apart from this one terrible platonic attachment I developed to a male - I was emotionally dependent on him. it was a bpd thing btw).

then I found myself checking out girls again at around 15 and felt terrible and dirty (wasn't even remotely religious at the time and still am not; I had just taken all of the homophobia I was surrounded with to heart) and told myself to stop.

only a few months ago I decided that I was probably bisexual; I couldn't control my attraction to girls and I was developing crushes on them left right and centre. never really thought about my attraction to boys; I just assumed it was there, in the background. I was at the time just relieved to have accepted that I like girls. it was like this huge release and it just felt right.

then I obviously did some more questioning as I came to terms with the fact that my attraction to guys was nothing like it was to girls. it has been a long process of swinging between the bisexual and gay identity - being in the habit of jumping to invalidate myself on both ends - but a while ago I realised that my attraction to girls is exclusive; it made sense, like I had finally stopped caring about what liking/not liking guys implied, and focused on the fact that I have never fallen in love with a guy, never been turned on by the thought of sexual activity with one, never felt comfortable with pursuing a relationship with one, and had always told myself (whilst identifying as bi) that I would end up marrying a girl anyway.

jesus I wrote too much

11. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me it was like-

8 years old: Oh, so homosexuality is a thing.

9-10 years old: Gays are evil, and I'll never be gay! And even if I am, I won't let myself be, but I'm straight so...

11 years old: Oh sh:***:t, I have a crush on another girl!

12-13 years old: WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? Am I gay? Bi? Who am I? *screaming* I guess I'm Bi?

14 years old: I think I'm gay.

15 years old: I guess I'm gay then.

16 years old: Of course I'm gay, how could I even think I was straight?

17 years old (current): Well...actually, what if I'm Bi? I seem to be having some confusing thoughts right now, and I know I like women but...do I like men? Am I actually Bi or am I just gay? Hmm.... probably gay, but not fully sure. :/

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anonymous-sexual-romantic-orientation/218549-two-minds.html

"Person A" and "Person B" don't agree. Ugh.

#31 Canterpiece, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  12. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh shit I'm not straight... oh shit I'm probably a lesbian.... actually bisexual.... pan? Yeah, that'll do :slight_smile: (<----my entire thought process)