1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stressed out about my label...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ellief, Apr 18, 2020.

1. ellief

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i was so accepting of myself like 2 weeks ago and i thought i had it all figured out, but now i'm gettin rly tired searching for some kind of label. it's stressing me out quite honestly. i thought i was bi, and i told a friend i wasn't only into men, and now i'm kinda ashamed and wanna take it back? but that's not rly something you can take back. and now i don't think i am bi, i honestly just don't feel like any label fits me. i'm tired of lying awake at night trying to label myself. is it ok to just try and push all these feelings away? like is it a thing to just love who you love? like what's the need for a label? i feel like trying to find a label stresses me out more than just ignoring it and doing what i want with my life. is that reckless? idk

2. Kayl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's totally up to you! Some people find that a label gives them a community of people who can relate to their identity or orientation, but it's not for everyone. A lot of people leave it at "queer." If this is stressing you out, there's no need or rush to slap on a label. It's more important that you are comfortable with yourself. Hope this helps.

Jinkies and ellief like this.
  3. Fuzzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How old are you? I felt confused in my late teens and into my 20's. Honestly, when it is this confusing, it can be easier to just stop trying and live life... then down the line, look back over trends and it may be more apparent.

4. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't stress about a label if you think about it it's really just something unimportant that we feel like we need.. Never get down about something that's ultimately irrelevant, with time you'll figure out who you are. In the meantime don't stress.

ellief likes this.
  5. ellief

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    im 15

6. Fuzzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, you are super young and don't have to be in a hurry to figure things out. It is ok to just be you without labels. My one bit of advice from experience, however, would be don't get married until you sort things out... but again, you are so young that that shouldn't be a problem.

VanBo likes this.
  7. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I concur with the general sentiment here. The thing about labels is that it's all a very personal thing. For me, I needed something to tell people and myself what I was. A lot of other people though, they find that whole process too taxing.
    The other deal about labels is that they're not as cut and dry as you might think. If you find one suits you, then go with it. Even if it probably suits you and you're like 99.99999% sure, you don't even need the other fraction of a percentage to confirm it. And if anybody gives you grief about it, just remember that this is basically how all words work.