1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight people are exhausting af

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wannahavechange, Sep 1, 2018.

1. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello i haven't posted in a long time, but I just have to rant and get this off my chest.
    I'm tired of straight people making these fake comin' out pranks I've been noticing lately. Are they daft? For lgbt coming out is so hard with all the hate our community gets and abuse we get from supposed loved ones. So why the hell is it funny to joke about something that still effects lgbt today. Legit a gay couple just got stabbed back in june for holding hands.
    Why is it OK for straight people (men in specifics) to act like a gay caricature for laughs or to pretend to be in a relationship with their best friend when they're in front of women for attention. BC if two get men did it i guarantee there would probably be mixed emotions.
    I also hate how straight men can make sexual jokes at us but it's like the minute we joke back they get uncomfortable. Sorry for the word vomit, just really pissed.

2. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Could you elaborate on what exact pranks you're talking about? I haven't heard anything about coming out pranks, so it could be a localized thing. I'm curious, nonetheless.

As for the second part, I've never seen a straight guy pretend to be in a relationship with their best friend (or another guy in general) to get the attention of a girl. That seems rather counterintuitive if their goal is to get with the girl.

3. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These pranks are really popular on youtube where one man pretends to be gay and comes out to his best friend, there are dozens out.
    As for the second part, I guess yeah it depends on where you live. But i remember growing up guys at my school did it for attention to get girls BC the girls thought it was cute or something weird like that , i agree with you it is oxymoronic but it worked at least from my pov when i would see guys do it in front of women

4. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Would you mind sharing the link for one of these videos? I haven't seen one talked about on here before.

And that is interesting that that seemed to work. I've never really seen that ever. One of the guys I work with and another guy who used to work in our office often act like they're an old married couple (the one is actually gay), but all in good fun and everyone knows that they're joking.

5. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sure
    https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=fake+coming+out+prank

https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=telling+my+best+friend+i+like+him

6. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They seem harmless to these people and might be in good fun but these are real life situations we all had it have to face, and for some people coming out is life or death for them,to just make it into a prank like it's nothing irritated me .

7. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the links! I understand your rant a lot better now!

I definitely do see where you're coming from. Coming out is a big step for LGBT individuals that straight people don't have to go through, so to make a joke out of it is kind of demeaning and ignores the real struggle that people face when they try coming out. We have many users on here who's coming out stories are less than pleasant. I was bothered by the fact that some even had in their descriptions that these pranks were "family-friendly."

I don't think these people have any mal intent when making them, I'm sure most if not all are actually made in good fun and they just don't realize that emotional and mental impact coming out has on LGBT individuals who actually have to do it.