1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Straight guys can never truly be friends with gay guys."

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Étoile, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Janvier

My best friend is straight, he has a girlfriend and a child.

2. CraziInsani

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course lol. Unless that friend is a complete homophobe. All my guy friends know I'm gay. At least I think they do :confused: there may be one or two.. hmm.. This is making me think now... Uh back on topic. Yeah lol most of them know I'm gay and we still high five and hug and stuff lol.

3. twilight lover

yer thay can.......

4. limfjord96

I have many straight guy friends, some that even know im gay...lol

5. gaius

gaius Guest

i think they can but simply not in the same way a straight guy is friends with a straight guy, there are some minor differences, i dont think some straight guys would b as comfortable, say getting changed with one of their gay friends as one of their straight ones, and for gay guys theres always the horrible trap of falling for a straight friend, but there isnt any real reason why i can't have straight friends....in fact i believe all but one of my friends are straight!

6. PwnfulPower

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Interesting topic. I believe if I was out, my friends wouldn't care. But my family is a whole other story :K

7. xequar

Absolutely we can. Of all my friends, 95 percent of them are straight males. My roommate and I are best friends, and he's 100 percent straight. My other best friend and I have been best friends since we were in 7th grade, and he's straight, engaged to be married, and I'm standing up in his wedding.

My straight friends and I talk about all sorts of stuff, including our love lives. My friends have met my boyfriend. We all joke around about who we find hot. One of my friends is that sort of always horny overdriven straight type, and we joke with each other all the time as he'll see some hot girl and be like, "How can you not think she's hot?" and I'll see some hot guy and do the same thing to him.

Honestly, I find making friends with straight guys to be easier than making friends with gay guys. I don't know why, but maybe it's because I'm into cars and video games and I drink beer, stuff like that...

8. Alex19

its possible. i dont have many straight male friends, but if they knew i think theyd b fine with it.
    the only thing is that straight guys are scared to b friends with gay guys b/c they have the fear of being called gay themselves- guilty by association kinda thing.

9. Ty

Ty

Not true. I have loads of straight guy friends and I'm out.

10. Tom

Tom Guest

Almost ALL of my best friends have been male, I have more female friends than male friends usually but it is always a male who is my best friend and yes, we truly can be best friends. They dont like in depth details about love life and what you want to do with whom (they still ask about it all the time but just make 'ewww' faces when I tell them, I seriously swear they forget I am gay half of the time...) but that isn't the basis of friendship, we get along have the same interests and that far outweighs any uncomfortableness that my straight friends have with me liking guys.

11. Cheese Love

One shouldn't focus on the one thing that separates them from someone else.

Desipte whether someone is dating a boy or a girl, they still have the same feelings, they still love, they still do everything else.

12. tylerzane69

i think they can be friends, i myself have had really good friends that were str8. i keep in touch with some of them still off and on. im not really close to them anymore but we still do talk... and when we hung out alot we talked about everything from women to men to sex and school....

13. DexterMorgan

My best friend is straight...and he's completely cool with my sexuality.

14. kramer362

A few of my friends know and don't give a shit. I've never really had feelings for any of my close guy friends, and I can still talk about women being hot, I just don't say that I wanna fuck them or anything, so we have the same dynamic that most guys have.