1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

straight friendships and fooling around

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by elohim2010, Nov 2, 2013.

1. elohim2010

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So my partner and I and four other couples (all are straight/heterosexual: 2 are dating and LTR, the other 2 are married) went camping in the mountains. My partner and I are in an open relationship (I'm not totally in agreement with it, but that's another story for another day.). So here's the situation.....

All of the couples have known each other for about four years. We decide to go camping and get a cabin in the mountains, which also includes extensive secluded property. For the evening, we all created a bonfire and everyone sat around it. The later the evening went on, the more the alcohol flowed freely, and the women went inside and went to bed. So it was just us guys sitting around the campfire.

One of my friends, "Michael," is extroverted but can be introspective, he's a regular goofball and can be silly and make anyone laugh. He's very supportive of LGBT people and seems very comfortable in his own skin. And like a typical straight guy, he will make "that's what she said jokes," frequently grab and grope other guys in the playful manner that straight guys do, and well as simulate sex (like if one is bent over picking something up off the ground, he might stand behind and thrust).

So Michael and I were sitting next to each other around the bonfire and talking. He was talking about when he was back in college and how there were two gay guys he was friends with who liked him for more than being a friend and he told them how he was straight. I don't think he messed around with them. Then he proceeds to talk about blow jobs and how this one girl he knew, if he had let her, would have given him a BJ, and I commented back that he should have let the gay friends do it.

Michael then shifts the conversation to him working out. He works out daily and has an amazing body. "See I've been working out more." And he proceeds to let me feel his arms, pecs, and abs. This is nothing out of the ordinary. He's let me and my partner do similar things. It's usually been through clothing. All the guys are still sitting around the bonfire, everyone else having their own conversations. I proceed to feel his abs, "I'm still working on those," and it was skin-to-skin. No big deal and he doesn't care.

I continue to feel, and eventually my hand starts rubbing his lower back (skin-to-skin, not through clothing). And my fingers then start running around his waist (which was covered by his jeans and belt, think similar to a TSA screening at the airport). I ask him "are you okay with this?" and he says yes. I continue to move my hand around his lower back and around his waist to his front under his belt line and my hand keeps getting lower and lower toward his front and going for his crotch. I keep asking him, "are you comfortable with this? are you okay?" Yes, and I keep going. My hand finally makes it to where his pubic hair is and his dick is hard. By this point, I'm hard and pre-cumming. I am rubbing his hard dick, not like jacking him off, but rubbing it. I lean over and whisper in his ear, "You're hard."

I can't tell if he became uncomfortable or not, because he leaned more forward in the chair to where I couldn't feel him anymore and he joined in to another conversation. He then quickly went to bed after this. I felt weird around him this morning. He didn't say anything about it though I don't know how much he remembers (there were things people told him that he did that he didn't remember).

I told my partner about all of this, and he was okay with it from our relationship perspective. But do I ask Michael, "hey, how much do you remember about Friday evening?" and then proceed to tell him or do I not say anything. There is part of me that feels weird about it since he is my friend (but he is so hot) and he's married (he and his wife are having difficulties, don't spend much time together, and sex is a rare). But I enjoyed it. And based on an erect penis in my hand, he seemed to enjoy it too. So do I tell or not? And could I also ask if he has ever been with a guy or how straight he considers himself? Should I also ask if he enjoyed it? And should I offer him an invitation for more "fun"? I told my partner that if Michael hadn't gone to bed and if I had had a chance to ask him, I would have asked if he wanted a blow job.

2. elohim2010

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I want to note that the intent of me telling him is a sense of guilt and wanting to be transparent and honest. Michael, I, and these other guys get together for each week for a guys' night--we have fun but it is also soul bearing and supportive, like a brotherhood. I don't want to lose Michael as a friend (though I don't think he would end the friendship over this.).

3. SilentCreatures

I really don't know what to say - It's certainly an interesting situation. The fact that he was aroused says something.

Was it the alcohol? Was it knowing he was exciting you? Was it doing something wild and different? I really don't know. I guess only he can answer that.

I sense you are attracted to him. As a friend this complicates things. Sex or sexual tension can ruin friendships (I'm not saying it will, just a strong possibility) You'd need to weigh up how you would feel about possible repercussions.

I don't know how I would react if I were in your shoes - temptation would be great lol :slight_smile:

Good luck :slight_smile:

4. elohim2010

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    @SilentCreatures.....Thank you for the response. It's an interesting case indeed. I do wonder about the alcohol and whether that played a factor in lowering his inhibitions. There is physical attraction to him, and if he were curious, I wouldn't mind if he became a "fun" buddy. Nothing more than that, no relationship or anything. I really don't want to lose him as a friend though.

5. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly the best thing to do is just leave it alone. Bringing fun/sex into the equation between friends, especially of different sexualities, is usually a recipe for disaster and awkward moments with the potential to end the friendship at some point down the line.

Yeah he may be hot and sexy, but it's most likely not worth the few minutes of gratification you guys will get out of some sexual encounters that may or may not come up. Obviously he most likely did get uncomfortable at some point with you touching him since he stopped the act and started talking to the other friends. That's just my opinion though.