1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight Crushes

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Jakebusman, Aug 5, 2022 at 2:52 PM.

1. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you ever had a crush on a straight person ? I have had many crushes on straight guys through out middle and high school.

Isbjorn likes this.
  2. Isbjorn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not sure if you are asking if the person I had a crush on was straight, or if the crush itself was of a straight nature (toward the opposite gender). The answer to the first is I assume so, but never asked or was told otherwise. The second, gender has never defined a crush for me. As a kid, I had them for both genders.

In middle school, I had a crush on a jock friend of mine, and on a couple of other "fit" boys. That was confusing and hard on me, because boys did NOT crush on boys (or at least that is what I thought then). That made me feel like a freak, because I did not accept or understand what was going on with me. I also had crushes on a few well "developed" girls. I was one confused kid!

Looking back, I sure wish times had been different. It is not perfect now, but in comparison our children have SO much more freedom to express themselves and resources to help them understand they are not alone and not freaks. There still is a long way to go, and in some ways things are taking steps backward, but even so, now compared to the 70s and 80s things are so much better.

3. BiGemini87

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hard to say? There was never any confirmation or denial regarding this one friend of mine in high-school, but I do remember being drawn to her. It's possible she's not straight, but as she's given no indication either way, I can only assume she is.