1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still feel like a child... not in a good way

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by taken, Dec 25, 2018.

1. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm almost 30 years old and about to be a doctor... yet every time I go home to see my parents I still feel like a child.... not in a good way, but in a way like they always see and treat me like a child....
    I've also been engaged for like 2 years now and haven't told them because of this feeling. They've met her and are "ok" with my sexuality (as in they don't openly say negative things to me), but they don't speak of her much and don't seem excited when I talk about her.... almost like they're just silently waiting for it to end and hoping I'll end up with a guy again... But we've been together for over 4 years, and plan on getting married. I just don't even know when I should tell them... ugh I'm so upset that my therapist moved away too and don't feel like starting all over again with someone new. :frowning2:

2. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My advise is put yourself first. Get your doctor stuff done and get married. Your parents will figure it out later.

3. nemoMous

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Did you try and talked with them about it or won´t they understand you? Maybe a letter or email is more effective.

Just ask them why that is if it´s bothering you but remember that you happiness is defined by you alone.
    Can it be you don´t know if you want to tell them about the wedding?

About finding a new therapist you can look up betterhelp(.com) and see if it´s something for you.

4. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My view to you would be to continue with what makes you happy, plough forward and DON'T look back. I'm sure they will eventually wake up......plan the wedding and just do it....be empowered and fight on....they will see how great your both doing then they may want to be a part of it....if not it's their loss and your gain....hope I'm not being harsh.....follow those dreams....