1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stereotypes

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by mlm1234, Aug 16, 2017.

1. mlm1234

mlm1234 Guest

Do u think the lgbt community is getting bad toward stereotypes. i dont mean by people acting on it, but with people judge in the community that u r one.

im a stereotype queen, super fem, looks and personality. i find people in the community want me to be something else and put me down becasue of it. i can understand out people doing it but not in the community. i love who i am.
    what do u think of this happening in the lgbt community

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let's see if I understand correctly: You're asking if stereotyping within the community is a "thing" now? That, and that some members of the community tries to change the stereotyped individual to what they deem the "right" stereotype?

Well, I think stereotyping is a thing, no matter where you go. People will assume things about others, and some of their views on what people who fall under some umbrella term have to be, act and look a certain way. There's unfortunately hate everywhere, even within the community. I say you do you. Don't be blinded and don't change just because someone else, be it in the community or elsewhere, want you to look, dress, act a certain way

3. Blackangel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The thing I'm getting sick of is people (mostly men) thinking that the word "transgender" literally translates to "sex toy". Granted there are sex freaks that have to have it 10 times a day in every community regardless of what that community is. But just assuming that I'm willing to put out anytime anywhere to anyone, just because I'm trans is really starting to piss me off. Just today I had a guy text me because he wanted a transgender to play his girlfriend. I blocked him instantly, but still, it happened. I'm getting this shit constantly. I have several ads on CL and I'm about to delete them all, and say goodbye to CL forever.